How do I lock in my cost of goods?
If you’d like to lock in your cost of goods so that it isn’t changeable by any software user at your company, you can restrict which users can adjust merchandise cost-of goods. This makes reporting for inventory costs more reliable.
To lock in your cost of goods:
- Access your Security Levels in Corporate Control Center.
- Select the location you’d like to edit and click Next.
- Access the Company tab.
- Select the Security Level you'd like to edit.
- Check the box next to Cost of Goods Adjustments to allow a user with that security level to edit Cost of Goods. Ensure the box is unchecked if you don’t want a user with that security level to be able to make edits to Cost of Goods.
- Click OK.
When the Cost of Goods is disabled for a software user in your Security Levels, they will not be able to edit Cost of Goods in your inventory.
- 1.8K All Categories
- 29 What's new?
- 2 Storable Payments: What's new?
- 44 Lead to Lease
- 26 Price Optimization
- Self-Storage Operations
- 69 Starting Out in Self-Storage
- 3 3rd Party Management
- 203 Regional Discussions
- 162 Miscellaneous Discussions
- 61 Industry Webinars
- 61 Self-Storage Website Design & Listing Services
- 21 Credit Cards & Payment Processing
- 27 Self-Storage Call Centers & Kiosks
- 46 Notifications, SMS & Phone Integrations
- 86 Self-Storage Insurance, Legal & Auctions
- 11 Self-Storage Revenue Management & Analytics
- 15 Gates & Access for Self-Storage Facilities
- 7 Ancillary Services for Self-Storage Facilites
- Self-Storage Times
- 62 News
- 30 Opinion
- 148 Lifestyle