How do I set up insurance default settings?
SiteLink provides you with a way to set default insurance protection plans for your units so you can easily add insurance coverage during the tenant move-in process both on-site and online.
To set up default insurance coverage:
1. From the SiteLink Corporate Control Center, click on Insurance and Protection Plans.
2. Select a facility from the list and click Next.
3. Click Setup for your insurance provider. In this example, we are using Bader.
4. Click Set Defaults.
5. In this example, all units that are not excluded from insurance have a default coverage of a $2,000 policy ($8/mo). To change the insurance recommendation, click the checkboxes for the units you would like to change.
6. Click the dropdown menu and select the coverage you would like. If you want to remove default coverage, select None.
7. Click Apply to save your selection.
8. Click Yes to confirm your changes.
As you can see below, the two 5x10 units now have a recommended default coverage of $3,000 ($12/mo).
Default insurance in the online move-in flow
When a tenant moves in through your website, they will see the default insurance coverage for the unit they are moving into as part of the move-in flow. Depending on your settings, they can select the default coverage, other coverage options, or choose to use their own insurance.
The example below shows how insurance selection looks in the first step of the online move-in process for customers using the SiteLink Web Template.
- 1.8K All Categories
- 29 What's new?
- 2 Storable Payments: What's new?
- 44 Lead to Lease
- 26 Price Optimization
- Self-Storage Operations
- 69 Starting Out in Self-Storage
- 3 3rd Party Management
- 203 Regional Discussions
- 162 Miscellaneous Discussions
- 61 Industry Webinars
- 61 Self-Storage Website Design & Listing Services
- 21 Credit Cards & Payment Processing
- 27 Self-Storage Call Centers & Kiosks
- 46 Notifications, SMS & Phone Integrations
- 86 Self-Storage Insurance, Legal & Auctions
- 11 Self-Storage Revenue Management & Analytics
- 15 Gates & Access for Self-Storage Facilities
- 7 Ancillary Services for Self-Storage Facilites
- Self-Storage Times
- 62 News
- 30 Opinion
- 148 Lifestyle