SCA Compliance FAQ (SiteLink UK customers only)
SiteLink Web Edition offers our UK customers Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) card-processing in compliance with the EU’s regulation. Maintaining SCA compliance makes electronic payments more secure and is required in the UK.
How do I enable SCA in SiteLink?
RapidStor customers will be automatically opted into SCA compliance after our software update on August 24, 2021. If you are not a RapidStor customer and need to opt into SCA compliance after the August 24th update, you can find instructions in our article: How do I enable SCA?
Do I need to change the way I process one-time transactions?
You can process a one-time customer payment as usual.
Do I need to change the way I process Auto-Billing?
To comply with the new SCA regulations, credit cards need to be pre-authorized for Auto-Billing. When you add a new card on file, SiteLink will use the CVV to preauthorize the card for recurring payments by processing a $0.00 pre-authorization charge to the tenant’s card. You will see an orange Pre-authorized message on the Auto-Billing screen once the card has been pre-authorized.
Do credit cards that are currently on file need to be preauthorized?
You’ll need to pre-authorize existing cards on file in order to continue processing Auto Bills with those cards. To do this, edit the credit cards, enter the CVV, and click OK to save the information. As with adding a new card on file, SiteLink will process a $0.00 pre-authorization charge to the tenant’s card and you will see an orange Pre-authorized message once the card has been pre-authorized.
In compliance with PCI and merchant agreement, the CVV is not stored on file.
- 2.5K All Categories
- 34 What's New
- 4 Storable Payments: What's new
- 53 Lead to Lease
- 26 Price Optimization
- 11 Gate setup and Access Control
- 6 Email setup and troubleshooting
- 2 Software Setup
- 2 Unit Setup
- 11 Basic Operations FAQs
- 14 Advanced Operations FAQs
- 18 Billing and Accounting
- 5 Troubleshooting
- 6 Reports
- 99 Training Videos
- 6 Other Resources
- Self-Storage Operations
- 71 Starting Out in Self-Storage
- 3 3rd Party Management
- 216 Regional Discussions
- 179 Miscellaneous Discussions
- 37 Industry Webinars
- 62 Self-Storage Website Design & Listing Services
- 25 Credit Cards & Payment Processing
- 30 Self-Storage Call Centers & Kiosks
- 47 Notifications, SMS & Phone Integrations
- 88 Self-Storage Insurance, Legal & Auctions
- 11 Self-Storage Revenue Management & Analytics
- 19 Gates & Access for Self-Storage Facilities
- 7 Ancillary Services for Self-Storage Facilites
- Self-Storage Times
- 63 News
- 31 Opinion
- 148 Lifestyle