How do I pre-authorize a payment?
Some Storable Payments users need to pre-authorize a payment and hold the charge open temporarily before processing the final payment. One of the most common use cases is if a customer rents a truck. You may need to put a hold on the customer’s card while they have the truck, then run the final charge when you know the full price (including charges for mileage, damage, etc).
With Storable Payments, this is done through a portal outside of SiteLink. Because most customers do not need this ability, we do not set up access by default. If you need to be able to run pre-authorizations, please reach out to us at [email protected].
Pre-authorize a payment
1. If you have been given access to the pre-authorization portal, log in to preauth.storable.com.
2. Navigate to the Payments page.
3. Under the Quick Charge section, enter the amount for the pre-authorization, the customer’s address and contact information, and select Authorization Only from the dropdown menu.
Do not select Sale or eCheck Sale as these options would initiate a payment, not a pre-authorization.
4. Click Process Payment.
5. You will be prompted to enter the customer’s credit information. Click Pay to complete the pre-authorization.
Complete the payment
1. When you are ready to process the final payment, navigate to Payment History from the navigation menu.
2. Click the transaction ID from the list of transactions, then click Void Transaction.
What should I do if I accidentally select Sale or eCheck Sale instead of Authorization only?
If you accidentally process a Credit Card Sale, you can void the transaction by going to Payment History, selecting the transaction and clicking Void Transaction.
If you accidentally process an eCheck Sale, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]
- 2.3K All Categories
- 32 What's New
- 3 Storable Payments: What's new
- 51 Lead to Lease
- 26 Price Optimization
- 11 Gate setup and Access Control
- 6 Email setup and troubleshooting
- 7 Software Setup
- 5 Unit Setup
- 15 Basic Operations FAQs
- 14 Advanced Operations FAQs
- 22 Billing and Accounting
- 5 Troubleshooting
- 10 Reports
- 7 SiteLink eSign™
- 2 Website Features
- 1 COVID-19 Best Practices
- 99 Training Videos
- 2 Become a Feedback Partner
- 5 Other Resources
- Self-Storage Operations
- 71 Starting Out in Self-Storage
- 3 3rd Party Management
- 210 Regional Discussions
- 169 Miscellaneous Discussions
- 37 Industry Webinars
- 61 Self-Storage Website Design & Listing Services
- 23 Credit Cards & Payment Processing
- 27 Self-Storage Call Centers & Kiosks
- 46 Notifications, SMS & Phone Integrations
- 87 Self-Storage Insurance, Legal & Auctions
- 11 Self-Storage Revenue Management & Analytics
- 17 Gates & Access for Self-Storage Facilities
- 7 Ancillary Services for Self-Storage Facilites
- Self-Storage Times
- 63 News
- 30 Opinion
- 148 Lifestyle