How do I use Google app passwords with SMTP email in SiteLink?
In order to use Gmail with SMTP email in SiteLink, you will need to set up Google app passwords with 2-Step Verification. After being set up, you should only need to enter your passcode once in SiteLink. Even if you change your Google password, the integration with SiteLink won't break.
To get started:
1. Set up app passwords for your Google account by following Google’s instructions.Note: You must turn on 2-Step Verification for your Google account as part of this process if you have not already. If multiple users at your company need access to your Google/Gmail account, please see the last section of this article: How do I use 2-Step Verification if multiple users at my company share a Gmail login?
2. Copy the 16 digit passcode generated by Google during app passwords setup.
3. Log into SiteLink Web Edition and click Setup.
4. Click E-Mail.
5. Enter the 16 digit passcode from Google in the SMTP password field.
If you are setting up SMTP email for the first time, enter your Gmail address in the SMTP Username field, smtp.gmail.com in the SMTP Server Address field, 587 in the SMTP Port field, and check the Use SSL box.
6. Click Ok.
How do I use 2-Step Verification if multiple users at my company share a Gmail login?
If multiple users share your company’s Gmail login, you can generate a key during the 2-Step Verification setup that you can share with other users to set up 2-Step Verification through their authentication apps as well.
1. During the setup process for 2-Step Verification, instead of scanning the QR code, click Can't Scan It.
2. Google will generate a key that you can enter in your authentication app and share with other users who need to access your company’s Gmail account.
3. Each user who needs access should download the Google Authentication app if they do not already have it.
4. In their authentication app, users should add a new account by clicking the + button in the bottom right corner and selecting Enter a setup key.
5. Enter the email address for your Gmail account and the key that was generated in the 2-Step Verification process.
6. Click Add.
7. When a user who has set up authentication using your account key logs into Gmail, they will enter the code generated by their authentication app to gain access.
- 2.3K All Categories
- 32 What's New
- 3 Storable Payments: What's new
- 51 Lead to Lease
- 26 Price Optimization
- 11 Gate setup and Access Control
- 6 Email setup and troubleshooting
- 7 Software Setup
- 5 Unit Setup
- 15 Basic Operations FAQs
- 14 Advanced Operations FAQs
- 22 Billing and Accounting
- 5 Troubleshooting
- 10 Reports
- 7 SiteLink eSign™
- 2 Website Features
- 1 COVID-19 Best Practices
- 99 Training Videos
- 2 Become a Feedback Partner
- 5 Other Resources
- Self-Storage Operations
- 71 Starting Out in Self-Storage
- 3 3rd Party Management
- 210 Regional Discussions
- 169 Miscellaneous Discussions
- 37 Industry Webinars
- 61 Self-Storage Website Design & Listing Services
- 23 Credit Cards & Payment Processing
- 27 Self-Storage Call Centers & Kiosks
- 46 Notifications, SMS & Phone Integrations
- 87 Self-Storage Insurance, Legal & Auctions
- 11 Self-Storage Revenue Management & Analytics
- 17 Gates & Access for Self-Storage Facilities
- 7 Ancillary Services for Self-Storage Facilites
- Self-Storage Times
- 63 News
- 30 Opinion
- 148 Lifestyle