Unit Push Rate/Tenant Rate Optimizers

Options
Hello my fellow Storage Manager, Operator, Rolley Chair warrior. I was wondering if any wisdom could be shed on these two tools and how you've found them benefiting, or the opposite for your site? I'm in the process of overhauling/automating 2 storage facilities for this company and my background comes from Maintenance/Military so any knowledge would be great to ease the learning process. 

Bonus Question: What is your work playlist consisting of? Mine is mainly Indie Folk acoustic mixes and Incubus. 

Thank you!

Comments

• helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't do Push Rates, but I use TRO constantly. I set it to 90% occupancy,  315 days since last increase, and increase tenants rates to standard price.  I don't tend to increase rates more than $10 at a time or more than once a year.
    In our current soft market I am not increasing tenants rates over market price regardless of time at the facility and in some cases I am not raising rates at all.  I don't think small increases will cause move-outs, but right now I want to hold on to all customers.  This might change in the spring if things pick up.

Bonus question answer: Billy Strings, some Americana, and whatever my kid likes. And the Chris Robinson Brotherhood ;)
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I use both.  Push rates have me usually renting substantially over my standard rate because of supply and demand...but will drop if demand drops and supply increases.

In the last couple months, I have turned off tenant rate management because we needed a pause.  But I have it set to any unit size 100% occupied (most of them) at 340 days to raise 9.5%.  That way, the letter goes out so that at 1 year, they increase.  And I don't have to do anything except process the letters when Sitelink tells me to!
  • ChrisRobinson
    ChrisRobinson Registered User
    Options
    helenatim said:
    And the Chris Robinson Brotherhood ;)
    Good Answer, hahaha. My dad's best friends wife used to take me out and tell everyone I was his son. ha

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads