Prorating in

Options
Robyn
Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
Hello everyone!!!

Currently our company has it set to have all rents due on the 1st of the month.
When a new tenant rents from us we prorate them in and they are due on the 1st for the next month.

The issue we are having is the new tenant rents their unit on say the 26th of the month and pays a SUPER low rent charge and a non-refundable admin fee of $20.00 and then never pays again.

Is there a way in SiteLink to set it up to have the tenant paid the full months rent at time of rental and then the NEXT month, charge them the prorated rent and STILL have them due on the 1st of the month???

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Setup: Proration

Set the dates in this box to fit your parameters.  So the 1-1 would be charge full month, then maybe 2 - 20 charge prorate, then 21 - 31 would be prorate + full month.  But if you want to make it earlier or later, just put in the dates you want to use.  When I did the first of month billing, we required a rental in the last 10 days to pay the prorate and the next month.

Hope that helps.

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's what we do.. once the 20th of any month hits... new tenants are required to pay the prorated portion of the month we are finishing up, plus the next month's rent up front.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, once the last week hits, we simply add on the next month at move-in. 
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • AKKathie
    AKKathie Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't set up our system to do this, we just include in our spiel that in order to get the special they have to pay for the next month also.  Weeds out most of the deadbeats.  We also work with StorSmart insurance and if we have a doubt in our mind about new tenant, we tell them they have to pay for insurance coverage also.  
    If it's a good tenant they don't even balk at this.

• prowlett
    prowlett Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    In Setup: Proration

Set the dates in this box to fit your parameters.  So the 1-1 would be charge full month, then maybe 2 - 20 charge prorate, then 21 - 31 would be prorate + full month.  But if you want to make it earlier or later, just put in the dates you want to use.  When I did the first of month billing, we required a rental in the last 10 days to pay the prorate and the next month.

Hope that helps.

MamaDuke with the perfect answer again! I agree. Let the system do it’s thing and don’t put more in the managers mind than needed. They have enough to worry about. We start charging next months rent on the 20th (10 days before end of month). It’s a nice round number that goes along with notice to vacates, dropping protection plan, etc.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads