Incentives For Managers

Options
Hiring my first manager.  What kind of incentives are people offering?  I'm sure there are occupancy incentives and probably delinquent number incentives but are they percentage based or straight dollar amounts for certain levels?

Comments

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great question @Clint. Ideas anyone?
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It varies depending on companies. I've seen flat $ rates and I've seen %. Every store is it's own entity so what may work for one site such as rental geared incentives would be pointless for a full site who has a delinquency issue. What are the key areas you identify needing the most improvement? I would start with those and work on bonuses that are fair to you and them. If you have investors you don't want to give away all the profits as bonuses and leave your investors short changed, but you also don't want to leave your worker feeling unappreciated.

Another aspect is aside from normal bonuses, do random contests to boost certain areas. Maybe a $10 bonus for every rental in a weekend to the store, a percentage of merchandise sales etc..

• RCGoodyear
    RCGoodyear Registered User
    Options
    We get a commission every time we rent a unit, $20 unless we give a discount, Then receive $10 this adds up fast and is a nice addition to our paychecks!
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shoot RC.. I wish we had a rental based one here like that, we did 92 rentals last month and maybe 30% had discounts.
  • DerekBrett
    DerekBrett Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options

our managers will get a monthly bonus if they make the company enough money for that month. couple hundred depending on how much they bring in. the company also gives Christmas bonuses as well.

• ThriftyStorage
    ThriftyStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    go with what feels right for you and your manager!!!!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads