Judge weighs in — $5M settlement OK'd for goods auctioned too early

Options
Sue_C
Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in New Jersey
$5M Self-Storage Class Action Settlement Gets Final Approval
A federal judge has approved an accord worth more than $5 million—including $725,000 in fees—that settles claims against a self-storage facility that allegedly sold customers' items before they had a chance to retrieve them...[read more from the New Jersey Law Journal]

Comments

• Ron
    Ron Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    In such a hurry to auction units.....
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As I always taught my employees for every process you do at your job, take the extra couple of seconds to verify what you're doing to make sure it's correct. We also always had every auction file go through my hands to verify all information and actions were done properly. Fun once a month to have a 4 foot high pile of files to go through, even funner when half had issues :\   I'd rather pull a file for simple errors than risk something like above happening.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads