Customers looking for self-storage may use Google Maps to find your location, plus they can get a nice visual by zooming in and getting the Street View.
I've done this, and it's a surprise when you drop the "pegman" and see...snow on the ground? (it's summer), or piles of dirt and a building under construction (but the building is complete!) and other things that don't make sense and result in confusion.
I did a random search for various facilities and found photos from 2, 4, 5 years ago and more for some of them!
It's a good idea to update the Google Maps picture of your business every once in a while. If you've never done it before, Google has a wonderful help page called Edit incorrect Street View imagery for your business.
So, do you update your Google street view photo? Tell us here! For inspiration, check out SiteLink's street view.
Do you update your Google maps street view?
- All Categories
- 34 What's New
- 4 Storable Payments: What's new
- 55 Lead to Lease
- 27 Price Optimization
- 11 Gate setup and Access Control
- 6 Email setup and troubleshooting
- 2 Software Setup
- 2 Unit Setup
- 11 Basic Operations FAQs
- 14 Advanced Operations FAQs
- 18 Billing and Accounting
- 5 Troubleshooting
- 6 Reports
- 98 Training Videos
- 6 Other Resources
- Self-Storage Operations
- 72 Starting Out in Self-Storage
- 3 3rd Party Management
- 219 Regional Discussions
- 182 Miscellaneous Discussions
- 38 Industry Webinars
- 62 Self-Storage Website Design & Listing Services
- 31 Credit Cards & Payment Processing
- 32 Self-Storage Call Centers & Kiosks
- 48 Notifications, SMS & Phone Integrations
- 92 Self-Storage Insurance, Legal & Auctions
- 11 Self-Storage Revenue Management & Analytics
- 21 Gates & Access for Self-Storage Facilities
- 7 Ancillary Services for Self-Storage Facilites
- Self-Storage Times
- 64 News
- 31 Opinion
- 149 Lifestyle