WEBINAR Q&A: SiteLink Maps

Sue_C
Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in SiteLink General Discussions
Below is the list of Answers to the Questions asked during the August 16, 2017 SiteLink Maps support webinar with James Renouf. If you missed the webinar you may watch it on-demand from the SiteLink website.

Q. How would you get the map on your TV screen?
A. Your television would need to be hooked up to your computer as a monitor.

Q. I would love to have a place to enter a physical address so that this feature could be used with all the P.O. Box tenants we have. We're missing out on a lot of mapping.
A. The map will let you do this. P.O. Boxes are considered units in SiteLink and will act the same as typical self-storage units. Tenants who use a P.O. Box as their physical address will not show up on the Map Tenants, as Google needs a physical address to be displayed.

Q. I currently have Phase I which equals 254 units. Phase II, which equals another 300 units, will not be complete and ready to rent for a few months. Can I add the units without messing with my OCC and Del %?
A. Once added, all units will be included in the occupancy percentage.

Q. Can we see all our facilities on one map?
A. Each map is individual per site.

Q. Can you Admin lock site map layout modification? Sometimes you do not want employees to make accidental changes during their shift.
A. Yes. To change the setting, go to Company > Setup > Security Levels > Company tab > Map section and check/uncheck “Moving and Rotating Units” or “Adding and Removing Units” for specific user security levels, then save.

Q. Any solution to mapping P.O. Boxes? My unmappables are all P.O. Boxes (the tenant’s address is a P.O. Box).
A. To show on the Google map, you need to have a street address.

Q. Is there an automated process that will scrape the competitor pricing from the Internet? Would it include rates, specials, and availability?
A. Yes. Stortrack is a SiteLink Marketplace Partner that uses the SiteLink API to push competitor pricing, based on your location parameters, into your SiteLink Competitor Tracking tool.

Q. What about angled RV sections? I will be getting a new section and will need to know how to do this on the map.
A. To angle a unit, right-click on it and choose Custom Angle. In the Rotation Angle box, enter the degree of the angle, use negative to switch direction, for example 45 or -45, depending on which way you’d like to angle the unit.

Q. Can you select many and apply the same angle?
A. Yes, choose several units and then right-click for the custom angle option, and the angle will be applied to all units.

Q. Does the push rate get affected when adding competitor rates in Sitelink?
A. It does not.

Q. You have seven colors available. Can there be more?
A. There is not currently an option to add other colors. This is for consistency in support troubleshooting.

Q. If you have the Move-In button turned off (forcing managers to move tenants in through the Inquiries & Reservations), can you still move someone in through the site map?
A. Yes. Click on a vacant unit. If the Move-In button is disabled, click Reserve to go to the Inquiries and Reservations screen.

Q. What is the fee for the Stortrack subscription? 
A. The Stortrack pricing model is fairly straightforward and is based on the number of stores you have/sign up. It is $49 per month, per store. That price slides down a bit if you sign up multiple stores.

Q. Does the Stortrack data backup with the SiteLink database backup? 
A. No it does not.

Q. Is any of the Stortrack info pulled from SiteLink via the API? 
A. No, the info comes directly from the websites. Stortrack does not pull any data from SiteLink.

Q. Does Stortrack require you to sign a contract? 
A. No. Stortrack is pay-as-you-go (month to month). They also have a free 7-day trial available if you want to try it out and see if it works for you.

Q. Do you need permissions to make the map? 
A. 
There are no restrictions to create a facility map. However, you can set permissions to allow certain users editing capabilities. Go to Company > Setup >  Security Levels > Company tab > Map section and check/uncheck “Moving and Rotating Units” or “Adding and Removing Units” for specific user security levels.

Q. So is the map tracking used mainly for marketing purposes? 
A. Yes, the map is primarily a marketing and advertising tool. Understanding who your customers are and where they are coming from can increase rentals and lower advertising expenses. We have customers who tell us that with the map they were able to cut their advertising dollars (sometimes in half) because they could focus those direct email/post-mail campaigns to a smaller area. Customers also explain that they decided to divest or invest in signage when they saw the customer concentration. Likewise it can provide indirect feedback on past marketing efforts.

Comments

• Chuck_Vion
    Chuck_Vion SiteLink Employee, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified marketplace moderator
    edited August 2017

Here are the results to the polling questions asked during the webinar; there more than 130 participants on the live webinar.

Chuck Vion
    FineView Marketing
      |  Chief Marketing Officer
  • lcmatteson
    lcmatteson Registered User
    Hello, I am Larry from Rite Space Storage in Waco, TX.
    Our owners want us to get our map functional, for the property, but I have no idea how, EXCEPT on how to place units on the grid.

I need to know how to place doors, halls, driveways, fences, gates, Air Handler units and all that other stuff, besides a bunch of numbered squares.

Can someone please help.? Thank you.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, I am Larry from Rite Space Storage in Waco, TX.
    Our owners want us to get our map functional, for the property, but I have no idea how, EXCEPT on how to place units on the grid.

I need to know how to place doors, halls, driveways, fences, gates, Air Handler units and all that other stuff, besides a bunch of numbered squares.

Can someone please help.? Thank you.
    For all of that, you use the Add Shape function.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads