Online Move Ins - The next generation

Options
Dallas_Dogger
Dallas_Dogger Registered Moderator, SiteLink International ✭✭
I am very keen to talk about online move-ins. We have had this technology in Australia for over 5 years with many thousands of online move-ins processed. As distinct from an online reservation which is just a promise, or a contact form, these move-ins have the first month's rent paid and the customer enters all details. The move-in is completed in SiteLink automatically. Access to the unit is provided once they turn up, have their ID sighted, and then get an access code. The advantage of this tool is that it offers potential customer choice, 24/7 rental opportunity and they get to fill out the agreement online, integrated with SiteLink eSign. The tool is a simple add-on to any website. This solution is not total automation, leading to an unmanned site.  

So the question is, do you see a strong future for customers to be able to select a unit, enter details and process on a phone or tablet as a sales tool, a necessity or not needed at all?
Dallas Dogger
SiteLink International
www.sitelinksoftware.com.au
+61 7 3889 9822
Tagged:

Comments

• Climateguard
    Climateguard Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    We have signed up several customer's via phone and emailed over a lease agreement, works well. Personally I would rather field a call, that way I can get as much information from the customer as possible and makes it easier to get the right size unit for them. Transferring customers around the building because they did not get a big/small enough unit can be a hassle.
  • ThriftyStorage
    ThriftyStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We sign up when they show up!!!!
  • storagestation603
    storagestation603 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We do the same thing @ThriftyStorage
  • ThriftyStorage
    ThriftyStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Self storage is getting way too complicated!!!
  • khise
    khise Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We use a specialized online app that has worked very well for us. The customer is prompted throughout the process to enter all required information and even has a prompt for contents insurance (which is a requirement of our lease). And yes, I really believe that online leasing is the way of the future. I personally like the one on one contact with a potential customer but today, a lot of people (especially Millennials) want to do everything from their smart phones and those facilities that can help precipitate that will garner more leases.
  • HDMize
    HDMize Registered User
    Options
    Khise what online app are you using? I am interested in move toward online rentals and i agree with you it is the way of the future. I use site link web edition and i am looking for something that works with web edition that isn't to expensive . I have a small facility so i can afford much. just looking for something reasonable.
  • SSWNW
    SSWNW Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    I have been using the system that Dallas has mentioned and I have had a few move ins this way and find it a great idea, the customer does 90% of the work, saves me plenty of time, I had to move someone once to a different size unit, but a simple transfer is much easier than a whole move in....
  • Roberta_Gordica
    Roberta_Gordica Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    We like to field the calls and emails that come in personally.  This way we get them into the right size as mention by @Climateguard@ThriftyStorage.  Even with doing it in person we still have clients thinking they can go to any unit they please, I can't imagine the headaches it would cause doing it online.
  • MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    We still moving people in in-person or over the phone using E-sign. We are hesitant for the same reason as you are Roberta. With having to move them in personally you can show or send them a map of the facility to insure that the get moved in the correct unit. It would be incredibly helpful if after they finish the move-in process they can open up a map and see exactly where the unit is located. Is there an app or software that offers this feature?
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While I think some customers love technology and may enjoy not interacting at all with a storage employee; a lot of our customers like to have questions answered, like to see the inside of the units, and like to pay in cash at move-in (the only time we accept cash).  We also like to see and talk to the person(s) renting our units (we sometimes make notes). 
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads