Reversing a transfer?

Options
storallgsa
storallgsa Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
Hi there. :) So my boss just called me from another facility where they just finished their conversion. Apparently she did a transfer for an occupant, and needs to reverse it. Is there a way to do that?

Thank you.

Comments

• ThriftyStorage
    ThriftyStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Transfer it back, done!
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You cannot "reverse" a transfer like you can with a move out (although I really wish you could!) The only way to reverse it is to perform another transfer (back to the original unit or on to the intended unit). Transfer "accidents" and tenants changing their minds happen all the time. I always tell my staff to write down the unit numbers and map the transfer prior to actually performing it.

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Transfer it back, done!

You cannot "reverse" a transfer like you can with a move out (although I really wish you could!) The only way to reverse it is to perform another transfer (back to the original unit or on to the intended unit). Transfer "accidents" and tenants changing their minds happen all the time. I always tell my staff to write down the unit numbers and map the transfer prior to actually performing it.

That's correct @ThriftyStorage & @teamcapitola, transfers cannot be reversed. Another transfer is required to move the tenant back to the original unit. 
    @storallgsa hope that helps!
  • kinkadec
    kinkadec Registered User
    Options
    Does anyone know is this still current in 2024?
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kinkadec said:
    Does anyone know is this still current in 2024?
    You would still just transfer them back to the original unit.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As of now, you cannot reverse a transfer directly. You would have to submit a transfer again or move the tenant out and back in.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't forget to waive the transfer fee if it wasn't the tenants fault!
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ESS said:
    Don't forget to waive the transfer fee if it wasn't the tenants fault!
    Do most facilities charge a transfer fee? 

We haven't done that yet, but I'm curious what kind of feedback you're getting from customers?

We DO have a policy in place that if you transfer to another unit the same size you have to pay the current rate if more than what you were paying (keeps the "hopping to better location" customers in place.)
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We always have. The only exceptions would be: if the error was on our end or the reasoning behind the transfer is our "fault". Ex: if we had a leaky roof (we don't, but for the sake of this...) we would transfer the tenant to a different unit and waive that fee. Everyone else pays the fee and have never disputed it. Especially the ones who rent a unit and I tell them I don't think their stuff will fit, then they finally realize it when they pull in with their uhaul...yeah, you're paying it. I had a guy want to rent a climate controlled unit for his side-by-side. I told him it would not fit in the building door. HE COULD SEE THE SIZE OF THE ENTRANCE DOOR! He was adamant so I said just make sure there's no gas or fluids in it, rented it to him and went about my day....guess who came back in an hour to transfer to a drive-up unit.  I should have made him pay a higher transfer fee lol.

And we absolutely do the same with the tenants paying less than street rate, once you leave that unit, that price leaves with it. We don't have "preferred location" pricing here though so that's never been an issue with them switching to same size unit.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads