Reverse NSF from same day.

Ron
Ron Registered User ✭✭✭
Had an overseas tenant call to make a payment and to notify us that the checks coming in from a bank were not valid.

Saw that our other employee took a check payment today so I just did an nsf to get the rent back to this month and took a credit card payment.

We shredded the invalid check and when I noticed my error about running an nsf instead of just deleting the payment, I an unable to to delete the payment or un-mark it as nsf.

We have not closed out because our deposit is off by the shredded check.

Is there a way to reverse the nsf and delete? On stand alone I would just restore from last nights back up and re-enter payments from the day.

Comments

• Ron
    Ron Registered User ✭✭✭
    Got the answer. There is no way to undo a NSF process. 

Have to make a negative entry on the Ledger Adjustment option at the Daily Close...

I miss the back up and restore option :)
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ron said:
    Got the answer. There is no way to undo a NSF process. 

Have to make a negative entry on the Ledger Adjustment option at the Daily Close...

I miss the back up and restore option :)

Thanks for sharing what you found out @Ron, I bet this situation comes up a lot for other people.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

If the check was processed and you haven't performed a daily close, wouldn't you simply void the payment?

Not that this helps the current issue of course, but now I'm curious.

• ThriftyStorage
    ThriftyStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    Ron: if you had not yet closed out for the day you could call the person that takes care of your Merchant Services account; that person could have reversed all of the action that was taken regarding that account.
  • Ron
    Ron Registered User ✭✭✭
    Hola everyone. Normally you would just void the payment if it was the same day. However my brain was not quite in work mode. (1st day back from vacation, brain was still in Hawaii while the body was in Central California)  I was on the phone with the tenant who was in El Salvador trying to make payment when I noticed that a check had been posted on the account. Did not look at the post date so just nsf'd it. 

Our checks do not go through a merchant service, we do not process that many at our California facilities.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads