Business Accounts

Options
Ashley_Morris
Ashley_Morris Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified
Good Afternoon, 

How does your business register business accounts in your records? How do you verify the business (i.e. must have business check or credit card), how is the business listed in your records (ABC Shredders or John Doe)? Do you have any additional procedures at move-in?
"Everyday is a blank page."

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I use the company name as the tenant with the Corporate person signing the lease and putting their ID on file as the primary  (usually corporate accounting, general Manager..) If it's a service company their techs have to come in and be added to the access tab and put their ID's on file as well. If they want deliveries accepted by me an authorization to hold keys document is signed at move in. I always ask if there is a specific person to contact with billing issues in case they have a separate entity and add that info if needed. They can either pay by a company check or a company credit card.(most do auto pay on a co. CC)
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

We have a separate Business Account Addendum that must be filled out in addition to the standard lease (think we got the addendum form from Skillcheck). We also require a copy of their business license as verification. As far as the contract goes, we use the business name as the occupant (e.g. Pizza Aplenty llc). The person filling out the lease does so as an agent of the business; we use their ID for the system and they sign the lease.

For the contact info, we have them put email & address of accounting, or whoever is the point of contact. The trick is how you put the name into Sitelink (First name/Last Name) so it's easy to look up.

Our facility uses PTI as our GATE software, which allows for multiple access codes per account/unit.  This lets us add/remove access for employees, or even specify access times and/or dates for subcontractors or deliveries.

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I allow the business as the tenant name but require a rep from the business to sign the lease.  I take their personal information as well as the business.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Ashley_Morris
    Ashley_Morris Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified
    Options
    Thank y'all for your feedback, we went with a business addendum and require the accounts payable to be the main contact. 
    "Everyday is a blank page."

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads