Site Map

Options
LSAirport
LSAirport Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
My map was created with a North - South orientation (Top to Bottom). The property is approx 1000 ft in length.
Printing a "whole site map" results in a very tiny map. Would it be possible to change the entire orientation 90 degrees? 
I know units can be shifted but what about the whole map? Printing to legal size paper would also be a benefit.....
Addition:  
In addition to Floors could an option to have buildings or areas too?
Tagged:

Answers

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You could take a screenclipping of the map when it's the size you want and then rotate it in a picture editor but as for as sitelink itself once something is on the map it would have to be removed and re-added to change it's orientation/placement. If you already have the layout down you could probably re-create it quickly to the way you want it to be.

As for the additional question. Do you mean to toggle between showing buildings/areas? If you mean to have them on the map in general it can be done already.
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can move and/or rotate the orientation of units at any time....You can't rotate the entire map
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that I'm aware of! LOL
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can select all the units at once (by holding down the Ctrl key, and right-clicking on each unit in turn to select multiple units). It takes forever to do, but I guess you only need to once.

Once all the units are selected and "blinking" you can right-click and rotate

I did something like this awhile back; I had to move my entire facility map to the center from the bottom left side where it was originally created. Had to click on every unit, then move the whole lot to the center of the map screen

• skinman
    Options
    Very nice @teamcapitola ..... had no idea. well done!!
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's more on rotating the entire map...
    If you select all of them and then click "Rotate" all the units will rotate fixed to their current positions (i.e. the units won't rotate as a group, but as individuals. Your map may go out of alignment so your best option could be to remove the units from the map and put them back properly rotated and aligned then.
    Hope this helps and good luck!
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just goes to show there is always something new to learn. Been making maps for majority of the sites I had under me for 4 years and never knew you could do it that way @teamcapitola

I feel like the lady I was training once who bragged about her 10 years of sitelink experience yet didn't know you could just hit "enter" twice to log in instead of actually clicking the login button :)

• LSAirport
    LSAirport Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
    Options
    Orkocean, been on SL for about 8 years, didn't know about the double enter either!?!  Thanks
  • Orkocean
    Options

And lifes were changed today....

• Orkocean
    Options
    Boo.. it didn't put the smiley face it was supposed to lol... :D
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    My apologies everyone! While I have moved groups of units, and the entire map around using this method; I have never actually rotated any!  Thank you @sue_community for pointing out my error. That old saying about "assumptions"!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads