Late fee schedule

Options

Hi, I am having trouble understanding and quoting the next  time a fee hits for a tenant.

My late fee schedule is on day 30 of delinquency a $25 fee assesses and so on.

However when I go into days past due it will say that tenant is 29 days late, but there is a fee to process.

I can count the days late on a calendar and see that they are in fact 30 days late, so why does the past due calls show that they are 29?

If you guys have a better place to quote the next date a fee hits please direct me to that page.

So many times I have quoted from that schedule and been wrong. "you are 28 days late, so you can avoid the fee if you pay by tomorrow" then BOOM, the fee hits tomorrow instead of two days.

This makes it hard to train my staff as well.

Any help will be much appreciated,

Sincerely,

Sonya

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So lets say you are on 1st of the month billing. A tenant is due on the 1st, they are not PAST due until the 2nd. So the 1st is not actually counted into the days late, so on the 30th of the month they are truly 29 days PAST due.

We have late fee's that hit on the 6th and 16th of a month, when they are 5 and 15 days past due, then the lien fee on the 32nd day past due. When I go over my lease I simply explain to the people "you are due on the first, you have 5 days to pay before a late fee hits, if it's not paid by the 6th of the month you WILL have a $15 late fee and if it's still not paid you WILL have a second late fee of $20 hit on the 16th of the month. If you go a full month past due you WILL have a $110 lien fee, plus over 2 months worth of rent and your monthly late fee's and it will continue to accrue fee's until paid in full."

I make sure I emphasize they will have a late fee to discourage people trying to get them waived.

• sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options

Well it would be a lot more helpful if rent was due on the 1st but it is due on anniversary date, therefore when a customer calls in and says when does my next fee hit? I cannot find a quick date to let them know. I go to days past due and see that they are 28 days late and automatically assume they have a full day after day 28 to pay and avoid the fee. Believe me when I tell you how hard it is to explain to them. Especially when I have to get a calendar out and count days out loud to them so they can follow along. Worse yet is when a month has 31 days and their rent was due on the 29th of last month! My old software actually had dates in it that would tell me future fees and when they will hit. Outside of that the software sucked massively. But if I could have that one feature that would be so incredibly helpful.  

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads