How do you get ready for the Holidays?

Options
karen700
karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
Getting ready for Christmas begins day after Thanksgiving, but not in the usual way. There is no shopping or fighting crowds/cars/people. I began my "get in the holiday spirit" about 12 years ago, by making a concentrated effort to go mindfully and purposefully day by day. To make all those around me smile (or moan in dread!)... I start wearing Santa hats!!!... different one for every day thru Christmas!! I will have ring around the head for the New Year, but...oh, well!! I begin writing a note in each Christmas card I send, letting that person or organization how much they mean to me for what they do or represent. I find a 24 hour Christmas music station!! LOL 
What are somethings that y'all do?

Comments

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @karen700, wow do you really have that many Santa hats? Very festive!
    I like your idea to write a note in your cards, I'm sure people appreciate it very much.
  • karen700
    karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I try to purchase 1 or 2 yearly...and yes....I have ALOT of hats! Good thing I'm in the storage business! Gifts from co-workers normally keeps me in flush supply. LOL
  • Aretta
    Aretta Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
    Options
    At my house we drink hot cocoa with tiny marshmellows and put up the tree.  It is not Christmas till the cocoa is drank!
  • storagestation603
    storagestation603 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I'm probably one of the crazy ones, lol. I start Christmas shopping in June...We like to make sure our Parents (in-laws included), Nieces & Nephews have a great Christmas. We cant afford the latest and greatest; but We try and make sure they have a good Christmas. A HUGE Thanksgiving Meal. Take pictures and make Christmas cards to send to family, friends & co-workers. Decorating the tree listening to Christmas CD's. Eating candy canes & Drinking cocoa. Wrapping Gifts. Decorating the Office. Visiting Family. 
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I'm probably one of the crazy ones, lol. I start Christmas shopping in June..
    Not crazy @storagestation603, just smart!
Was that you laughing?
Go ahead and LOL a post. Reactions are a fun and easy way to express your feelings!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads