Third "type" of account?

Options
Amy_Barnes
Amy_Barnes Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
Does anyone know if there is a way to set up a third type of account for a tenant? Currently the only options I see are commercial and residential on the tenant screen.

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I have considered putting loafing shed in the business line? :)

What other type would there be? Just askin.... I believe those are your only choices.
  • Amy_Barnes
    Amy_Barnes Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
    edited December 2017
    Options
    skinman said:
    I have considered putting loafing shed in the business line? :)

What other type would their be? Just askin.... I believe those are your only choices.
    Basically another classification along the lines of "trouble tenant" (tailgates in and out when past due). We need them to show up on the over lock report before the normal time. Our current over lock report is set for tenants who are 15 days past due (per corporate), but there isn't a way to have this particular tenant show up early without changing her account type to "commercial" and creating a new task and having it apply to "commercial" accounts only. Our other option is a reminder on the calendar, but I don't want to risk her payment being made online and the manager lock not getting taken off. 

EDIT:

I know we can go to the tenant ledger settings and manually click "Over lock", but then they show up on the reverse over lock list since they aren't at 15 days past due
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess I don't get the point of locking someone out at the gate and not over locking simultaneously, or at least within a day or 2 later. Let alone letting someone be 15 days late before losing total access. I know that's not what you are looking for, but I'd be on the horn with this example to sway some minds at corporate to change the policy.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We are 15 days past due before overlocking as well which I absolutely hate. Combine this with a gate software that wont update so everyone uses the same gate code = skips galore every month that corporate doesn't care to get resolved it seems. I wanted to point out though if you're lease states 15 days before lock out and you lock them out early, you could be opening yourself up for some issues. Make sure you aren't breaking your own rules.
  • websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    Our facility denies gate access and applies over-lock on the 2nd day past their due date. This has really worked well for us. Tailgater's have diminished a lot due to they cannot exit unless they tailgate back out. I have a good repor with my tenants and a lot of times they inform me of the tailgaters.
  • khemnis
    khemnis Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd be more careful that you aren't breaking any state laws by locking them out.  Some lock out dates are dictated by state law and you can't lock them out unless they are not paying or you have a stipulation in your contract stating you can lock them out for other reasons.  I don't believe Oklahoma has any required date, but in the state of California you can not lock out until 14 days.  Just make sure you know your state's self storage laws and know your contract inside and out.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads