The Big One Is Coming. What Will Happen to Portland? [Article]

Options
Sue_C
Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
The Northwest is long overdue for a devastating earthquake. Here’s what to know.
Think of Oregon geology as a clock, measuring time in earthquakes—46 major coastal quakes over the last 10,200 years. Tick: a magnitude 8 on the Richter scale. (Bigger than the quake that killed 63 people in the Bay Area in 1989.) Tock: a magnitude 9. (Same as the 2011 quake that killed almost 16,000 in Japan.) On average, a major quake uncorks in this area every 243 years, the last one on January 26, 1700—314 years ago...[Keep Reading]

Tagged:

Comments

• karen700
    karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WOW!!! I'm glad that is one less thing for me to worry about. No large water coming at me. I guess we get tunnel vision when we are only concerned about our own little bubble we live in. Eye opening article and it seems they are trying to address all their issues in a pretty quick manner. Good luck, Portland.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads