Customers Having Trouble Creating Account On Sitelink To Pay Bills

Options
Blackjack
Blackjack Registered User
Is anyone else getting complaints or questions from customers when they go to create a account on sitelinlink to pay their bills. it asks them to setup a password and security question but mine does not give any directions on character length etc. so it confuses many. Is that page standard by sitelink or can it be customized? If its standard I think they need to give more instructions next to items. Thanks for any help on this.

Comments

• Blackjack
    Blackjack Registered User
    Options
     I just spoke to sitelink the page is standard. It says create a password with no instructions on amount of numbers and letters allowed. It also would be nice if they had security questions that customer could pick from and then answer like most websites. Please give your feedback if your customers are also having questions on this page. Site Link said they would look into it after much debate with tech on phone telling me it works. I really would like to have this page more user friendly so I don't get so many questions and complaints . SiteLink person I spoke to kept telling  for me it works fine. It might work fine for someone who knows program but it is confusing my customers because they are used to seeing instructions on web pages when creating passwords and security questions and this does not give any. Adding a few simple instructions next to each item seems like a easy fix to make it more user friendly for my customers. SiteLink needs to be open to feedback on how programming is working in real world. I know it works but it could be a lot better customer experience with a few instructions! Customer satisfaction is important to me.
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About 1/3-1/2 of our customers create accounts and pay online. The only issues I have ever had is when our actual website is the culprit. Not saying your customers are not having legitimate problems, it's just not been an issue for us.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never had issues with customers other than those that are the type who would need help to set the time on a microwave lol. But we also created a form with step by step instructions that gets emailed to tenants and we set their temporary password for them as their gate code so all they have to do is log in and then change their password. 
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Blackjack, thanks for the feedback on the account setup screen. This issue hasn’t come up much but it’s a good question especially since you’re getting complaints from your customers. So I looked into this and found that this screen was intended to be a very clean and uncluttered user interface. When creating it, the developers wanted to make it as easy as possible for the most amount of people. You can pretty much enter any security question/answer you like – which some people prefer over preformatted ones. And if a password you enter isn’t up to spec, the software will let you know how to make it acceptable. Hope this helps, feel free to keep the conversation going.
  • OutboxChar
    OutboxChar Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    Options
    And if a password you enter isn’t up to spec, the software will let you know how to make it acceptable.
    Maybe a tooltip when you hover with your mouse over the password field?
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always create the password for the customer.  Hassle-free.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • teesee150
    teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I've got over a 1000 customers and it's definitely an issue.

I also have a ton of customers that get failed payments on the website where the site just loads a blank screen with no confirmation if the payment went thru or declined. Sitelink has never been interested in fixing the issues with their payment portal when I've tried getting help in the past.
  • SimplySpace
    SimplySpace Registered User
    Options
    Our complaints are usually because the payment portal isn't secure. I've contacted our web developer and he said its a Site Link issue, so most people will call in their payments.
  • weedpuller1
    weedpuller1 Registered User
    Options
    Is there a video that will show me how to set up so customers can go online and pay.  the only one I saw was unavailable.  I think its different than ACH because the customer is initiating the payment..  
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Our complaints are usually because the payment portal isn't secure. I've contacted our web developer and he said its a Site Link issue, so most people will call in their payments.
    Could you provide more info that the payment portal isn't secure?  I "assumed" it was secure and believe that SL has said it was secure.  Is that just for web payments or is it for all payments processed with SL?
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Like others shared we set up the web password as the gate code. Give printed instructions to the tenant at move in. No idea how many change the password.  But at least this gets them started.  My main complaints are tenants choosing the wrong facility and complaints that the payment portion of the process takes you to a different page with out warning and doesn't look "legitimate" according to our tenants. 
  • Chuck_Vion
    Chuck_Vion SiteLink Employee, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified marketplace moderator
    Options
    JulieA said:
    Could you provide more info that the payment portal isn't secure?  I "assumed" it was secure and believe that SL has said it was secure.  Is that just for web payments or is it for all payments processed with SL?
    @JulieA and @w@weedpuller1
    Processing payments with SiteLink is secure. SiteLink maintains the highest level of PCI Certification to ensure payment information is safe. SiteLink's payment portal is also secure. Some operators will use an iframe of the SiteLink payment portal on their website (embed the SiteLink payment page within their own webpage) which can make it appear like it doesn't match or is not secure. Rest assured that whether a website is using the secure "https" protocol or the normal "http" protocol - if they are iFraming SiteLink's payment portal - the payment portion of their site is secure.

Another quick option for adding online payments to a website is to add a button saying something like, "Make A Payment" that when clicked, opens a SiteLink hosted payment portal webpage. This is probably the most common instance where the payment page looks less like the operator's website and could scare tenants. Again it is still totally secure.

The ideal way to comfort your tenants is to build (or employ one of SiteLink's website Marketplace partners) a custom website solution that looks seamless to the tenant.
    Chuck Vion
    FineView Marketing
      |  Chief Marketing Officer
  • Jeffrey_Buller
    Jeffrey_Buller Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have our people set the password to their gate code at sign up.  Usually puts an end to any issues.
  • Aretta
    Aretta Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
    Options
    I have had several tenants complain because they cannot set up the auto pay or pay on their accounts with the online site.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For everyone stating their customers are having issues with the process, have you ever invited them to stop by the office at some point and you can go over the process with them to see what's causing the problem? Anytime I've had customers with issues it's 1 of 2 things. Either they're not very techy and just aren't doing it right or the employee who put them into the system during the move in wasn't paying enough attention and put information in incorrectly. For instance if it's asking for their phone # as proof of identification and the employee put the wrong number in they're pretty much stuck until that's resolved. As I mentioned above, ever since we've done the gate code as the web password from the get go on all accounts the issues have been pretty much non existent for us aside from an occasional person just doing it wrong on their end. 
  • Chuck_Vion
    Chuck_Vion SiteLink Employee, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified marketplace moderator
    Options
    Aretta said:
    I have had several tenants complain because they cannot set up the auto pay or pay on their accounts with the online site.
    Aretta,
    Are the auto pay setup and online payment complaints from your tenants a result of functionality not working or because your facility has configured the website to not allow those options?

If using the free eCommerce website (SiteLinkStore) that comes with SiteLink Web Edition, the configuration is rather easy and certain aspects on the website can be hidden, like taking reservations or accepting payments. If using SiteLinkStore and it is not functioning properly or you would like to enable it, please contact Customer Support for assistance.

If you have a custom website that uses the SiteLink API to connect online payments and/or reservations and/or online move-ins to your website, then your web developer would be responsible for that configuration and SiteLink can help supply instructions for them regarding the setup. 

Chuck Vion
    FineView Marketing
      |  Chief Marketing Officer
  • Belton4A
    Belton4A Registered User
    Options
    I just was hired in past month at a storage facility and no one really trained me on anything. I figured a lot out on my own. From reading this is there a way to have customers pay online through sitelink? If so can someone direct me on how a customer would go about this so I can let our customers know. Also, how do I know if my sitelink has that capability? 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Belton4A Welcome!  Yes, customers may pay online.  You will want to ensure that your company takes credit cards.  You will want to ensure your tenants' have an email and password to login (found in their contact screen).  You will then want to ensure you have the Sitelink URL on your website to the payment login screen (found in the Corporate Control Site Setup "Website and Web Template Setup"

I did a quick search to see if Sitelink had a tutorial on this but didn't see anything; however, I'm sure it is there somewhere if you call support and ask.  @Sue_Community ?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @MamaDuke7 - thanks for flagging the spam! They are banned and shouldn't be posting again. Thanks!
  • teesee150
    teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Been 5.5 years since I posted on this topic and I don't think sitelink has made a single improvement to their web template. 
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    teesee150 said:
    Been 5.5 years since I posted on this topic and I don't think sitelink has made a single improvement to their web template. 
    I had more tenants than usual this month who were unable to successfully make their payment through the website. Although many were successful in doing so.  It's still not quite right.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    helenatim said:
    teesee150 said:
    I had more tenants than usual this month who were unable to successfully make their payment through the website. Although many were successful in doing so.  It's still not quite right.
    I had a day recently that the site just froze if they tried to log in.  I tried it and it happened to me, too.
  • igotthisnow
    igotthisnow Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
     "It's still not quite right." 

This sums up my experience as well.  The payment portal needs a serious overhaul.

• pammerjammer1964
    pammerjammer1964 Registered User
    Options
    I had tenants calling in their payments because they said, "I can't pay online.  Every time I try it tells me (Oops something went wrong)"

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads