Future Rental How to Process Welcome Letter in CRM

JulieAton
JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
Occasionally we process a move in with a future rental date.  How do I trigger the Welcome letter to process immediately following the transaction?  Also is there a way to activate the gate code at this time?  Thanks Julie
Tagged:

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gate code wont go live until the lease is active. Depending on your gate software you can set it up through the software itself but this brings up the question of why should a customer need access BEFORE their lease starts? If they are accessing the facility then their lease should be active, not pre-leased. 
  • JulieAton
    I looked back and the two I did today the codes activated.  Prefer to allow access as a courtesy.  Usually to check out the space, layout, gate access, put their lock on or prepare the unit.  Most of them have a scheduled date for a large move. 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.. Which gate software are you using? Ours wont let a code be used until the pre-leased day has hit unless I go directly in to it and make a code not tagged to a unit for them to use like I do for our contractors and what not. 
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally would not be allowing access to my facility until I have a signed lease in hand. Big liability there.
  • JulieAton
    It is a completed lease not a reservation.  Future move in means a date in the future.  I rarely do it. But had a several this month that wanted to get everything taken care of in advance and the rent start at their move date. 
    I use Win Sen gate access.  The rental agreement is completed and paid.
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    my mistake... I'll go get more coffee now....
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with Skinman - wait until you have a signed lease.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Orkocean
    Even with a pre-lease I wouldn't allow access until the date kicks in, you may have a signed lease but it's not a legally effective document until that date it's signed for. I'm sure someone could come up with a worse situation but lets do a for instance. Preleased a 10x30 for 24th yet you're letting them access already. They come in and completely fill that 10x30 with old used tires on the 16th, then tell you they want to cancel their lease as it has not started yet. I'm not a lawyer but I want to say you're pretty much s.o.l. as you have no legally binding lease with them for that date yet and now have a issue on your hands as tires aren't the easiest to get rid of. 
  • JulieAton
    The agreement is dated the date it is signed.  The rental amount is calculated on the future move in date. 
  • JulieAton
    I'm with Skinman - wait until you have a signed lease.

We have the signed rental agreements. Dated the date it was signed and it is paid.

• JulieAton
    The intention of my post was to find out how to set the Welcome Letter in CRM to generate.  Any suggestions?  

• Adrienne_Danyel
    Adrienne_Danyel Registered User ✭✭✭
    Julie you can go into letter's & print your welcome letter whenever they sign the lease. 
  • Adrienne_Danyel
    Adrienne_Danyel Registered User ✭✭✭
    skinman said:
    I personally would not be allowing access to my facility until I have a signed lease in hand. Big liability there.
    I do a lot of future move in's. A lot of our customer want & need to get the paperwork out of the way before the mover's arrive. However you are right, our tenants are not allowed on the property until the date of their lease starts. HUGE HUGE LIABILITY. I cannot even begin to imagine what would happen if the tenant hurt themselves on the property before the lease date starts. 
  • skinman
    Julie, your best bet if you wanted it to generate automatically when your lease is made is to actually make it the last page of your lease. Otherwise, you would need to print it after the fact.
  • JulieAton
    skinman said:
    Julie, your best bet if you wanted it to generate automatically when your lease is made is to actually make it the last page of your lease. Otherwise, you would need to print it after the fact.
    We provide a "cover page" with FAQ, need to know info, agreement highlights with the rental agreement.  We email a Welcome Letter that includes much of this information.  It is much easier for customers to find the electronic version! 

• JulieAton
    skinman said:
    I do a lot of future move in's. A lot of our customer want & need to get the paperwork out of the way before the mover's arrive. However you are right, our tenants are not allowed on the property until the date of their lease starts. HUGE HUGE LIABILITY. I cannot even begin to imagine what would happen if the tenant hurt themselves on the property before the lease date starts. 
      As posted earlier the Rental Agreement is dated the day it is completed and payment is also received at that time.  Only thing is the rent amount coordinates to the future move in date.

• JulieAton
    I am not sure a Lease or Rental Agreement provides protection in case a tenant is injured on the property.  But all agreements are different.
  • MemorialDriveStorage
    MemorialDriveStorage Registered User
    Im not sure you can create a letter in the customers account till it becomes active on the future move-in date. You can go into Setup then form set up and click on your move in welcome letter or whatever its named and click on Preview so you can printout a blank form. Then you can fill out and manually email to your customer. 
  • JulieAton
    JimiSmoth said:
    Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a software system that manages your customer relationships. A CRM system is not a single solution. To effectively manage, analyze, and improve your customer relationships, you need a comprehensive set of cloud solutions to support every step of your customer journey. CRM Cloud is looking for a customer relationship management system that you are not the only one who needs to organize and automate the routine procedures within your business. Why do you use CRM Cloud?

I am referring to the CRM "module" in the SiteLink program.  Are you promoting a product?

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for catching, @JulieAton. I've removed that spam post. 
  • djose
    djose Registered User
    Julie and all, it's been quite a while since this post, but I'm looking for similar info.  Is there a way to generate an automated email immediately after signing a lease?
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    To use the welcome letter on move in, go to Setup, CRM Campaign Schedule, Double click Move in Welcome, check Currently in Use, set a start date (probably don't want to go earlier than the date you are setting it up). Set the number of days after move-in you want the letter to generate (0 is immediate), Single Occurrence, Current Tenant, check all the leases it will apply to, check Email and / or print.

Select the "move-in welcome" letter at the bottom left. 

Hit ok.

In Setup, Form Setup, make sure your welcome letter is ready to use.

Whenever a move in is complete, it will be added to the list "Move-in Welcome" in your reminders. Double click on the reminder and you can chose who to send the letter to, or to dismiss it. 

I know some people want a fully automated response, but this way at least lets management review new leases and make adjustments (like setting or fixing gate codes) before sending the welcome letter. As long as management is keeping up with the reminders list, the letters will be processed pretty quickly. 
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    @djose - You can schedule an email to go out after move in. Steps can be found here: https://support.sitelink.com/hc/en-us/articles/4534618924823-How-do-I-create-email-events-. Note that we are looking at currently working on building out improvements to automate more of the "tenant lifecycle" such as these communications which we are hoping to roll out in the later part of this year.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads