Correcting or deleting Predictive Text

When I'm entering information into the tenant primary info area for a move in, the predictive text in some areas, like City, is incorrect...spelled wrong...How can I remove that out of the Predictive text box?

Comments

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

@Storageinasnapp - do you mean the tenant defaults are spelled wrong in the fields?  This can be changed in the general setup; tenant defaults screen.

Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Storageinasnapp
    Storageinasnapp Registered User ✭✭✭
    When filling in new tenant information, you start typing in the city, (for example) and Sitelink pups up a box with the city name (I'm assuming it has populated it from previous entries, as some of them were spelled incorrectly)  I would like to be able to edit that "Predictive Text" box so Walnut Ridge does not come up as Walnut Rdige, (for example) If someone is not paying attention, they click on that and it is wrong.  I know you can go back and change it, but I'd like to get the words that are incorrect, removed from there
  • Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    When filling in new tenant information, you start typing in the city, (for example) and Sitelink pups up a box with the city name (I'm assuming it has populated it from previous entries, as some of them were spelled incorrectly)  I would like to be able to edit that "Predictive Text" box so Walnut Ridge does not come up as Walnut Rdige, (for example) If someone is not paying attention, they click on that and it is wrong.  I know you can go back and change it, but I'd like to get the words that are incorrect, removed from there

I have had this happen as well. I corrected it by finding all of the misspelled words in tenants files

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

@Faye -  thanks for this...being the Virgo I am, I'm now going to be forced to comb through every tenant correcting mistakes I didn't even realize I had!! 

I honestly never thought to connect the predictive text to mistakes! Awesome catch.

• Storageinasnapp
    @teamcapitola, I did the same thing!  :D
  • Storageinasnapp
    So, since we're talking about correcting mistakes...what about Tenant Notes... 
    Once you hit Save, Close, it locks in the notes. 
    What if you typed in the wrong tenant note, or needed to add something? 
    How can you delete or modify Notes?......asking for a friend ;) 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Storageinasnapp - thanks for clarifying what you were asking.  @Faye seems to have nailed it!
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

@Storageinasnapp - I actually contacted tech support about editing/changing/deleting tenant notes. Over the years we have had notes typed into the wrong account, or overzealous employees getting "creative" with language etc.... being able to edit or even spell check would be a wonderful thing.

Sitelink said that once they are typed its "set in stone" there is no way to edit or delete tenant notes. Their reasoning had to do with potential abuse (deleting system notes like voided transactions for example) which I understand.

I asked about a possible compromise; make all system notes "set in stone" but allow staff typed notes to be edited (maybe even based on permission levels) until a daily close is performed (just like with transaction voids etc..)

Alas... Tech support said absolutely 100% No. It will never happen. :(

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see a disgruntled employee leaving a nice "gift" upon termination....no notes on any file
  • teamcapitola

@skinman  I actually didn't even think of that!  Ohhh, that would be a not happy discovery!

Back in my IT days we had a disgruntled admin wipe out an active directory for a major medical group... took days to restore everyone's accounts!

Although, if editing were permission based it would require somebody higher up to correct/edit anything. But then...what if the disgruntled person IS the higher up!

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been on some forums where you only have 5 minutes or even less to edit a post... I'm no IT expert, but seems like they could do something like that?
  • Storageinasnapp
    Oh my! We need a Wow, Oh my goodness emoticon :o  along with the thumbs up, thumbs down & LOL replies.
    Thank you teamcapitola and skinman. I never thought about someone abusing the notes, but that is 100% reason to have notes locked in.  I agree with skinman though, it would be nice if you had a couple minutes to edit, if you hit "save" too soon.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen disgruntled DM's leave on bad terms so doesn't really matter how high up someone is. If they wanna be a p.i.t.a. on their way out, they will find a way, all leases into a barnfire sound like fun to anyone? Not that that's happened to me but I could see that being a scenario.

But i'm not going to advocate for editing of notes as it could make it just that much easier for someone to mess things up. If a note is put in incorrectly or on the wrong unit we just put a following note stating the issue. If they're reading notes they shouldn't be shocked by something when the very next note says "previous note was incorrect" or something to that effect.

• Robyn
    Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    Would there ever be a chance a tenant would read these notes??

• Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Robyn said:
    Would there ever be a chance a tenant would read these notes??

I wouldn't think so but if you ever had to go to court and provide documentation of communication or proof of letters.
  • teamcapitola

I was thinking the same thing @Robyn and @Faye brought up. There have been a few times I've had to provide tenant documentation in court (which included tenant notes, ledgers, etc.), and I can imagine how embarrassing some notes "could" turn out to be!

I have shown tenants notes before... especially the "you NEVER called me!" late tenant (actually we called you on ... ... & ... see?) but obviously looked at the surrounding notes before doing so.

Then again, the fact that Sitelink prevents notes from being edited could potentially play in your favor.

• i43storage
    Even though an occasional spelling error gets in - I like the fact that the notes cannot be changed for the exact reason of showing a Court that it cannot be changed later.  With that in mind, I only type what I would want the public to view - facts. 

I do, however, leave my personal "ugh" notes in the Tenant Note on the Payment screen - where I can change/delete at-will.

I do like the five minute rule.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads