Verbiage

Robyn
Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
The biggest obstacle so far for our company has been trying to figure out the difference in meaning of words on Sitelink. For example, our practice has always been to call an over payment a "credit".  A credit for us is anytime a tenant makes a payment OVER their total due or when an error has  been found on their ledger and we need to credit them back money that was taken in error.

Can someone tell me all the ways you used the term "Credit" on Sitelink??? 

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I guess one example I can give is we have a stipulation in our lease that if a payment letter is postmarked by a certain date, but not received until after the date a late fee is assessed, we will waive the fee. You are relying on the postal service... I've gotten letters/check-money orders that took 5-6 days to arrive according to the postmark. Not often..but once and awhile.

Once a fee is assessed and a daily close is performed, that fee cannot be deleted... it must be waived. It then shows as a credit when waived. It needs to show like that so an owner can monitor credits from afar. I've taken over locations where managers waived hundreds of dollars of late fees every month, just to avoid confrontation. All that revenue out the window.

In what ways are credits used in sitelink you don't agree with?
  • Robyn
    Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    I don't necessarily disagree with the way credits are used. I'm just trying to ensure that when I read the words credit on Sitelink, that it means the same thing I'm thinking it does.  For example, if I see a hotdog and call it a Cantaloupe and tell you I just ate a cantaloupe and want you to buy me another cantaloupe, you are going to go to  the store and not buy me a hot dog,  but a cantaloupe, because your definition of cantaloupe is different then mine. 

It makes sense what you said about waiving the late fee as a credit.  Doing everything by hand here, we just literally write "waived" haha

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

If a customer is "over paying" their bill that is pre-paying future debt owed. Example: Bill owes us $90 but drops a money order in our drop box for $100, he's now prepaid $10 into the next months bill and would only owe us $80 come next month. A credit is wiping out of fee's owed which are already hardcoded onto the account so that you can't simply delete or discount them off. Like waiving of a late fee, issues with a customer so a portion of their bill being credited off after they paid their portion etc..

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Hands Robyn a cantaloupe..................... :) 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads