Year Invoicing

storallgsa
storallgsa Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
Hi Everyone!

So, I have a lot of customers who pay yearly. So far, for the past (almost) year that I have been running SiteLink at my facility, I have been creating their invoices manually because I haven't figured out how to have a yearly invoice automatically generated.

Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks.

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    You'll have to go in ledger settings and change the billing period to annually for that customer... Then go to Invoice on the same page and check the send an invoice box. Then set the number of days before due date to whatever you prefer and hit ok.

You can also set up a fee there if desired and it's in your fee list. We don't charge an invoice fee because we are paperless and they're emailed.
  • storallgsa
    storallgsa Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    skinman said:
    You'll have to go in ledger settings and change the billing period to annually for that customer... Then go to Invoice on the same page and check the send an invoice box. Then set the number of days before due date to whatever you prefer and hit ok.

You can also set up a fee there if desired and it's in your fee list. We don't charge an invoice fee because we are paperless and they're emailed.
    Thanks so much! I will try that.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't think of that @skinman

I've always just created 12 months of future charges, then manually created invoices.

Awesome.

• sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    skinman said:

OH man is this a game changer for me!! Glad I found this, 6 years late but hey at least I found it!! Thank you thank you!
  • sonyawiprud
    My other issue is we give the 13th month free for 12 months pre-pay, when creating the invoice we are required to use the discount button, which adds the 13th month and credits it. The problem is that it e-mails a "thank you for your payment" on that 13th month. We are constantly having to remember not to send that e-mail to avoid confusion. Am I doing it wrong? 
  • sonyawiprud
    Also it does not catch a rate increase if the increase was set after the invoice date, can a person set a different rate increase date other than their anniversary date? Can I choose the rate increase to happen just after their anniversary date of the month prior to the rate change? sorry this is confusing. 
  • storallgsa
    My other issue is we give the 13th month free for 12 months pre-pay, when creating the invoice we are required to use the discount button, which adds the 13th month and credits it. The problem is that it e-mails a "thank you for your payment" on that 13th month. We are constantly having to remember not to send that e-mail to avoid confusion. Am I doing it wrong? 

Such a pain! We do prepay 11 get the 12th free, and it would be SO helpful if the invoices recognized that, but they don't.
  • sonyawiprud

Such a pain! We do prepay 11 get the 12th free, and it would be SO helpful if the invoices recognized that, but they don't.
    Are you set up to just click a button to get that discount? If you go to manual invoicing and click on edit charges and payments from there, and then click on the special, it should put it in the invoice. We played with the whole thing for 8 hours yesterday and found some ways around the issues I was having, the key is to not assign a special in the tenant file, but go to 'manually create invoice', pick your tenant and then click on 'edit charges', and then choose the discounts. This helps me not accidentally send them a receipt for the free month before the event has even been paid. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads