Getting started with Online Payments

Options
Robyn
Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
I have finally convinced the owners that we are ready to begin accepting online payments.
Before I start the process of setting it up I have a few questions.

1. Are there any disadvantages to paying online?
2. Can you require a minimum amount to be paid by the tenant when making payments online?
3. Are you able to remove the option of paying online if the tenant is late past a certain day?
4. Any tricky things to know  before we start up?
5. How are you notified of a payment coming thru?
6. Do we need to set up the tenant with anything to pay online?

Thanks!!

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Other than more credit card fees I can't think of any
    2. Yes,if our tenants are 30 days past due they can only pay the entire balance online, no partial payments
    3. Yes, and you can disable web access from the payment screen at any time, I believe
    4. I can't think of any but someone might chime in
    5. We get an email and sitelink gives you a prompt as well
    6. There is no spoon....

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Item 6. is just a random movie quote for your reading enjoyment while you wait for someone else to give their input.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Skinman got every answer spot on.... even the spoon. Trust me, life is much better once you realize it.

as for #6.

Your tenants will just need to setup their online accounts...the page will be integrated on your company website with a "pay online" tab. Once there they'll need their Unit number and GATE code for validation

Most of the fine tune settings (how many days late etc..) are in Setup, and as long as you have a Sitelink tech walking you through the setup process it'll be easy peasy.

What I don't have is info on setting up your company website with Sitelink; I wasn't here when it happened, so I didn't see. I'm assuming it's pretty easy and involves sending links to your website admin person.

• skinman
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Why can't we laugh and like a post.... Frustrating.. :p:p

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads