refund deposit

Options
Is it possible to refund the 50$ deposit without a move-out

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't believe so... you could always write them a check and make a note on their file to dismiss the refund at move out due to it being returned already, but I personally wouldn't do it.

Is someone else taking over the unit? If so, I would do a move out/move in.
  • isa
    isa Registered User
    Options

No one else is taking over the unit , The tenant has multiple units and i forgot to remove the deposit .

Thanks for your help Skinman !!

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they added a unit , paid by cash or check, and it's before a daily close, you can always void the receipt and reprocess their payment.

You could also do a rent credit as well and make the same note....I cant give an opinion on a best course of action without more details.

Have a great weekend!
  • isa
    isa Registered User
    Options
    The units were paid by credit card and it's after the daily close. How do you do a rent credit ? And thanks again you are really helpful !!
  • skinman
    Options
    Go to the payment screen and select/highlight the unit you want to put the credit towards... Then check the box " make future charges", just above their license photo (with 1 future charge)... You'll see it adds a future rent charge for that unit only... then hit ok...Then go back to the payment screen after it processes, highlight that unit again and go to edit charges and payments... on the next screen highlight the grayed out credit column and enter the amount of the credit and hit ok
  • skinman
    Options
    Otherwise you would have to wait until their due date to credit the amount, so it's easier to just create the future charge now.
  • isa
    isa Registered User
    Options
    Thanks ! Have a great weekend !!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads