Leaky roofs

Hello all, I am a manager for a facility in West Chester, OH. The new owner just took over about 3 months ago and we are both new to the business. Just recently I had a tenant show me his unit where, after a heavy rain, the roof leaked and rain got into his unit, getting several pieces of electronics wet. I was wondering if any one could offer some solutions to remedy this or recommend a company in or around the West Chester, Cincinnati area that could look at the roofs at our facility? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's tiny holes I have used flex seal spray for years around the country for storage without fail. It's kept me from calling vendors out numerous times and solved the problems. If it's larger holes I know they have other products such as flex tape but i've never needed to try those myself. 
  • MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    We're in Alabama so I couldn't give you any roofer recommendations. We offer to help them move their items into a different unit. We also offer to credit them 1 month of rent if they make a big fuss. Of course these are just kind gestures and are not required by law as it clearly states in our contract that the items stored are not insured.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    We tell everyone at move in not to leave anything uncovered. To get tarps and we sell mattress and couch covers here if they want. 
  • JTesta30
    JTesta30 Registered User
    Those are all really great suggestions and I truly appreciate them. I may have to use them all because I came back from a short one day Christmas break and have more tenants complaining about leaks. Thanks all once again for the great ideas. 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that @JTesta30... I'm sure you're already handling it but just from experience of turning around run down properties so lots of dealing with upset customers just hear them all out. Let them complain, never say you're sorry *admits guilt in eyes of the law* and just let them know you are taking care of it as you are made aware of the issue.. Most people are understanding even though they're upset as long as they see you are truly trying to tackle the problem and not just dismissing it. 
  • bacirclestorage
    bacirclestorage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
    We use Molloy Roofing in Blue Ash. The seem to be pretty good.
  • JTesta30
    JTesta30 Registered User
    @bacirclestorage...thanks for the recommendation, I will check them out
  • fstopn
    fstopn Registered User
    Also, I have had a leaky roof in my studio since I moved there many years.  Last year a friend of mine turned me on to this bed liner for trucks.  We got a couple 5 gallon buckets and you paint it on it dries hard plastic no seams self leveling.  Not a leak since,  I forget what it's called but I will get it for you.  It's so much cheaper that a roof and it lasts for years. 
  • michelleamanda
    michelleamanda Registered User
    Whenever you see leaks in the roof, call roof repair experts to repair it immediately befor 
  • jhopkins6977
    jhopkins6977 Registered User ✭✭
    If you can, have your roofer use a product called Ice and Water. It's basically a sticky tar paper but it works great. Don't even have to use shingles, it's that good.
  • DavidRobinson
    DavidRobinson Registered User
    edited June 2020
    We use Molloy Roofing in Blue Ash. The seem to be pretty good.
    I have used kissimmee roofing company and they have done excellent work for on my roof.
  • Alisoncooper
    Alisoncooper Registered User

Roof Inspection Miramar seasoned inspectors have years of experience. You can count on quality service. They know very well what they’re doing.

• Lady5563
    Lady5563 Registered User
    Also make sure you keep your gutters clean1
    It is more than likely the screws have backed themselves out!
    You need a professional to come and make a proper diagnosis!
    Good luck and please keep us posted!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads