Gate Access Code Posted online

Options
Ron
Ron Registered User ✭✭✭
Sitelink post the tenant's access code on-line when you go to the pay online section.

This turned out very bad for a tenant when his newly x-wife was able to get the tenant's new gate access code because she was the one to pay the bills online. Her and some of his x-friends came and cleaned out all his tools and equipment.

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kind of a misleading topic title there. It's not posted publicly where anyone can see it unless i'm missing something? I'm assuming the x-wife still had to log into a private account to see the information so that would be on the tenant for not updating his password if he was concerned. If I have a concern about someone I am updating my information for any and all accounts I have. If all he did was request a new gate code and did not show up to change his lock or update his login information that's not the facilities fault as even without a gate code if they had the keys to his unit they could of easily of tailgated in or even rented a unit under another name to gain access then go to his unit.
  • Ron
    Ron Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    If she tailgated, it would set of the alarm when she opened the door, then the police get involved. He was going to change his lock when he got back into town.
    Nobody even thought to think about the code showing on the account information online. She was the one that set up the bill pay for him, so he did not even think about it. I guess when their relationship went south, it went deep deep south.

This post is pretty much a warning for us to remember that sitelink does post the code online in the payment account section. 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah gotcha. Unit alarms, didn't even think about those as of all the facilities i've dealt with only one up in Boston had those installed. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads