Quarterly Invoice

JulieA
JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
Multiple Factors in this post!  Quarterly billed tenant that had multiple units.  Last Invoice & payment covered Dec, Jan, Feb.  Vacated a unit in Dec. Move out credit was applied to remaining unit.  So tenant has a credit toward March rent. Owing a balance of $95.42.  The invoice only shows March Rent.  I know I can manually create another invoice. 

I noticed on the ledger when you credit an account it doesn't show the date the credit was applied it shows the first of the month of which it was applied. 

Regarding credits and over payments it is very confusing for my office assistants to figure out the paid to date, etc.  For Example I have a tenant that over paid a small amount and the over payment was applied to March.   If you look at unit status screen it shows Total Due 0 and Paid Thru Date as 3/31/19.  So if talking with customer they would tell them they are due April 1.   I assume the answer to this is to create the next months rent? 

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to go to their actual payment screen not the status page.... On the payment screen it shows the next charge, and the balance still left at the bottom..
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm either not grasping the last paragraph or just having a bad day... if someone makes a partial payment into the next month... the paid through date will still be the current month... The regular charge will show at the bottom of the payment screen with the "balance" showing as well... adjusted for whatever they prepaid into the next month.. Or I'm totally misunderstanding.
  • JulieA
    skinman said:
    They need to go to their actual payment screen not the status page.... On the payment screen it shows the next charge, and the balance still left at the bottom..
    They do but still confusing because of the paid to date.  I can figure it all out looking at Ledger Report, Payment Report and a pencil & paper!  

• JulieA
    Any idea why the Quarterly Invoice only had the partial balance for March?  I just wrote April & May on it and mailed it. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads