Outdoor Storage

How does everyone handle outdoor storage?  It’s so hard to tell if someone moved their RV/boat out or just took it out for a small trip and will be back.  Any ideas or suggestions on making it easier to figure out?

Comments

• MrFugate
    MrFugate Registered User ✭✭✭

IF I see something "Missing" from where it should be most of the time I'll call the customer 1-2 days later if it's in the middle of the month. If its the last week or the 1st week I call them that day. As a property manager I walk my property, Inside & out everyday at least 3 times a day. in the AM, After lunch & before I leave in the PM.

also a lot of my customers will tell me before they go on short trips to insure they will still have a parking spot when they get back in town.

• CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    We make all customers sign in when they come in, if they are an RV customer we mark it on the map when they take the RV out. If it is close to the end of their month or they go over a day we call them. Most of our RV people are on auto pay and have been here for years so they know they need to check out with the office if they are moving or selling their RV
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big sign on the RV gate and in the lease "rent will continue until office receives written notice that you have vacated". Then we call them when they are late (well, 2 days before end of grace period) and nothing parked there any more. Usually they pay up and send us notice.
  • websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Agreeing with themage, Upon move in, we also inform our outdoor storage customer's that rent applies until they inform us they have moved out.  99% of ours are on auto payment, plus I email invoices prior, so they understand rent will be applied. I had one on auto, camper gone for 4 months, never heard from them, looked on the lot one day and there they were. 
  • TCBlossoms
    TCBlossoms Registered User ✭✭
    That situation is exactly why we tell new tenants (of course it is in our lease agreement as well) that we require 10 days notices before they "move out" otherwise they will be responsible to pay for the next months rent.  We have not had any issues as a result.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads