Charge Rounding

dde
dde Registered User ✭✭
I am just wondering if any of my fellow Canadian storage business people use the 'charge rounding' feature. As you all know, the penny is no longer so I thought it would work that if the payment type is 'cash' it would round to the nearest nickel by putting .05 in the box. I'm not sure if it's intent was for the Canadian penny or not. Thought I'd ask!!
Tagged:

Comments

• 87ambie
    87ambie Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    I'd love to know that answer to this as well!
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    I believe you can set it to any amount.  round to the nearest .05, .10, or 1.00 etc.  It would be in set up>program defaults>general right under the tax descriptions.  
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AnitaJohnson1269 you are absolutely correct
  • dde
    dde Registered User ✭✭
    you guys are all probably right, but in my case being Canadian, the penny here no longer exists so any cash payment no matter what it is must be rounded. It just seemed that when I was in the demo that the rounding didn't depend on the payment type bein cash. It seemed to depend on if it was a fee, merchandize,   charge or whatever. All I was saying is it doesn't matter on the reason for payment but it matters on the payment type of cash. if the payment type is cash then you round, period.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads