Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SiteLink Support & Sales

Welcome to StorageForum!
If you're new take a look at the StorageForum Terms of Use and don't forget to check out Daily Dilbert!

Cut Locks

Drew_ScadooDrew_Scadoo OHRegistered User ✭✭
What is your record for most cut locks in one day?? We currently have two downtown locations with 19 total!!

Comments

• JamesStorageJamesStorage MORegistered User ✭✭✭
    25. But there were extenuating circumstances
  • i43storagei43storage WIRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    25. But there were extenuating circumstances
    Do tell ...
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
    edited May 21
    @i43storage I'm afraid it's not that interesting, lol. We had to do repairs on a building wall after contractors put a hole in it. Most of the tenants didn't respond to any of the notifications we sent them.
  • i43storagei43storage WIRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @i43storage I'm afraid it's not that interesting, lol. We had to do repairs on a building wall after contractors put a hole in it. Most of the tenants didn't respond to any of the notifications we sent them.
    Ugh.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • MamaDuke7MamaDuke7 CARegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    50.  The fire marshal insisted on inspecting the heat sensors in every unit.  She stopped at 50 when she realized they were all in good working condition and properly installed!
    MamaDuke7 said:
    50.  The fire marshal insisted on inspecting the heat sensors in every unit.  She stopped at 50 when she realized they were all in good working condition and properly installed!
    The fire marshal would have needed to get a search warrant for each unit in our state.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • JulieAJulieA INRegistered User ✭✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    The fire marshal would have needed to get a search warrant for each unit in our state.

About 10 years the local police were searching for a suspected suicide or suicidal person.  All they knew was a self storage facility in my area.  There are about 5 but they started with mine.  The officer actually wanted to cut locks to look for the person.  I scratched my head and said wouldn't that be murder instead of suicide.  Ended up having to get a supervisor & chief involved because he didn't believe me and thought we would just cut off all the locks for him.  
  • Drew_ScadooDrew_Scadoo OHRegistered User ✭✭
    50....WOW at least they stopped at an even number
  • MegumiMMegumiM ALRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Can't recall how many we cut but it was a lot. We had a fire in one of our climate controlled buildings that has 136 units in it. Not all were occupied but a lot of them were. Luckily we didn't have to cut all of them because some came by in person. Of course, we notified our tenants and got permission before we just started cutting locks.
  • ESSESS TXRegistered User ✭✭
    Back in January, I had 14 total at my facility
    Angela Reyes
    www.rentess.com
  • BAAAAStorageBAAAAStorage IARegistered User
    October of 2016 (Before I was here) they had over 100! Technically it wasn't the locks though. They cut the latch going into the building. 
    @BAAAAStorage I feel like there's a story there...What happened, did someone try to lock the building or something?
  • BAAAAStorageBAAAAStorage IARegistered User
    @JamesStorage It happened right after a change or management. Before we had cameras too. We are an outdoor facility with about 750 units (non-gated). I'm thinking it was the fired property manager trying to cost the owner some money and make him look bad. I am bad at explaining things but some of the latches hadn't even fallen to the ground until they were investigating after figuring things out. Like someone didn't even open them, just started cutting one after another. So it was either the bitter previous manager or the person cutting went in way over their head then got spooked. 
  • sonyawiprudsonyawiprud CARegistered User ✭✭✭
    What is your record for most cut locks in one day?? We currently have two downtown locations with 19 total!!
    I am assuming this is for auction?  My husband had a record of cutting at least one lock a day for almost two weeks, these were people who either lost a key, or left theirs at home in another state, or broke the key off in the lock, or sometimes broke the key off in someone else's lock! He hates cutting locks!
    @BAAAAStorage my money is on the fired manager. Never doubt the power of petty revenge