Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SiteLink Support & Sales

Welcome to StorageForum!
If you're new take a look at the StorageForum Terms of Use and don't forget to check out Daily Dilbert!

Is there no Contents Report/Tax Reports????

PSCPSC TXRegistered User
Sitelink tech support has been absolutely no help since their big merge with Sparefoot so I'm reaching out here. 

One of our properties in Texas is primarily boat/rv storage. In Texas we are required to charge a sales tax on vehicles. As I'm doing an audit, to be sure we are charging tenants tax that need tax I am wanting to print a report showing the contents of each space. I can't seem to find one. I have the license/vehicle description also entered, and do not see a report for that either. I would prefer having a contents report. 

There is also no report for customers who are charged tax. I have some tenants with multiple units. One for Misc Items, one for vehicle storage. If I apply Tax Exempt to their accounts then it disables tax for all of their units and not just individual units so that will not work. Because of this, I have been adjusting the ledger settings (Never Charge Tax) based on what they are storing. 

Does anyone have any advice for getting these reports, or organizing our books in a way that make it easy to access contents/tax. I've created an excel spreadsheet to keep up with this. However, it is a pain having to constantly update it with new tenants in Sitelink, and then in the spreadsheet. Double the work! 

Comments

• i43storagei43storage WIRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

The only report I know to show contents is the Marketing report, but as you probably know that only shows the number/percentage not which unit.  Maybe a custom report could be created? 

Regarding the tax, that sounds like a big headache, sorry.

Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage