User groups

dde
dde Registered User ✭✭
Does SiteLink have user groups? That's where users (that's us) annually get together and discuss issues and ideas. I've been involved with user groups over the years with my profession and it really helps to get points across. Power in numbers!! It's a time when owners get in the same room and discuss challenges with the program and more importantly discuss ideas that would make the product better. :)

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.  They generally don't want our input.  That may get better with Sparefoot in charge.  

I know before that, they refused to even do Beta testing before pushing out a huge update.  They didn't really care if there were problems.

That said, I still think they are better than any other storage software currently available.
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    No.  They generally don't want our input.  That may get better with Sparefoot in charge.  

I know before that, they refused to even do Beta testing before pushing out a huge update.  They didn't really care if there were problems.

That said, I still think they are better than any other storage software currently available.
    I was really hoping this forum would have input from Support Techs.  And also used to improve the program features based on input shared. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    JulieA said:
    MamaDuke7 said:

I was really hoping this forum would have input from Support Techs.  And also used to improve the program features based on input shared. 
    Me, too!
  • dde
    dde Registered User ✭✭
    Maybe someone will read these posts!!
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the original community manager was over the forums it was pretty common to see a tech respond to posts. Even if someone else helped another person and gave an answer they would still chime in to acknowledge that it was correct. Since then the forums honestly have been pretty much us users only. There used to be monthly topics for voting on and other random items brought up just to keep things lively.

As far as actual user groups I think it comes down to who's running the show as well. I met Jim Ferguson at a legal seminar in TN when he was still working with sitelink and he mentioned he had "best practice" groups and what not that he was doing to keep in touch with managers and such for their feedback on items. But I know he moved on to another company almost 2 years ago now. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    It would be nice to have a category on improvements that Sitelink IT department would go to.  They could comment on why a particular suggestion couldn't work or let us know they were planning on making that item enhanced in the new update.  Other users could chime in on the request.

Whenever I suggest an enhancement, I get a "I'll put in your request."   What does that mean exactly?  What happens to that little request of mine?  Who exactly looks at my update request?  Do a certain number of customers need to suggest the same upgrade before it gets looked at?  Is Sitelink coming up with their updates on their own?  Some of the upgrades I think ... "Really?  You thought that was something people were clamoring for?  That is what you wasted your time on?"  Maybe it was - what do I know ... 

B)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've long thought about making a "most requested" topic on here of things i've seen people ask for the most but always end up deciding it's not worth the time. I could see from their side where having a public list of what they're working on or what people are asking for the most could be looked down on as a competitor could beat them to the punch. I really don't think it's that big of a deal now a days as almost all storage software does pretty much the same in their own unique way but ya never know.  
  • Storageinasnapp
    Storageinasnapp Registered User ✭✭✭
    I know it is not an immediate fix or response, but what about your Self Storage Association. 
    We are members of the Arkansas Self Storage Association.
    There are many resources available to you when you are a member. 
    At the Yearly ASSA Conferences, Site link, as well as other vendors are present and they have "round table discussions" 
    You can get and give a lot of information and Input there, plus, it is great to meet and share information with other Self Storage Facilities in your state...
  • dde
    dde Registered User ✭✭
    I didn't know that. We are brand new so don't belong to an association yet but that's a good idea. I wonder if there is one in Canada!
  • dbudgen
    dbudgen Registered User ✭✭✭
    @dde You should also join the SSA (Self Storage Association).
  • Storageinasnapp
    Storageinasnapp Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    https://www.cssa.ca        try this link, @dde

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads