Everyone in Cali okay?

CVSSSTORAGE
CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
California just had a few big earthquakes and I just wanted to check in on everyone in Cali

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just disappointed.. Everyone saying they "felt" it in our area of stockton yet I felt nothing. Been thru floods/tornado's in TX, was looking forward to experiencing an earthquake when we moved to Cali. 

On a serious note though, hoping all the fellow Californians more southern based are doing ok. I know it was felt in Vegas as well, our office ring camera there was getting notifications from everyone in the area about it. 
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    @Orkocean I am about 40 minutes away from you and I felt it in Turlock Ca. We don't typically feel earthquakes here unless they're bad somewhere else. The only other quake I felt was the 1989 San Francisco one.  Here we really have no issues except ungodly heat but this year has actually been a lot cooler.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turlock.... how is it there for storage? Every time I have gone on 99 thru it I see all the shopping center that looks semi new with a big field next to it and think it'd be a perfect spot for a site. As far as the heat everyone keeps telling us how bad it is, but growing up and living in Houston for 32 years makes this feel like nothing. I was unloading our uhaul truck when we moved to this site a few weeks ago when it was 106 in the middle of the day and it still didn't feel that bad to me. 
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing here in Santa Cruz.... but we don't get out of bed for anything less than a 7.0 (1989)

After so many years with smallish quakes, you start to know when you should "duck and cover" &  when you can just go back to sleep.

• Orkocean
    Sounds like us native texans with heat and storms, stayed home throughout so many "evacuate" caliber storms. 
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    @Orkocean storage here is great we have a college so we are constantly full. The city is a bit hard to deal with as far as requirements. That spot you saw is probably the site to the new storage facility they are building in the area. If you go to City of Turlocks website somewhere it shows approved buildings and one was approved in May this year. It sounds really nice too.
  • Orkocean
    Well gosh darn it.. Knew it looked to be a good spot, brought it up to the owners but they're looking at 4 other cities right now and building additions to existing properties.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Southern CA.  I felt both.  A few things fell off of shelves, and I'm about 150 miles from the epicenter.  Chandeliers were swaying like crazy.  And all the unit doors were rattling loudly in the halls.

During the 2nd (larger) one, my daughter was in the middle of getting a tattoo!!!  Fortunately, the artist had just lifted the needle, so no "oops" lines to talk about for years to come (bummer)!  And stuff was falling in the back room there, too.  
  • Orkocean
    Wow @MamaDuke7, first thing that came to my head was watching Steve-O from jacka$$ get a tattoo while they were offroading in sand dunes lol. At least if there was an "oops" it'd have a legit reason to make a nice story down the road instead of just a bad artist. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads