Card payment applied to one unit instead of both

Options
AnitaJohnson1269
AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
We processed a units payments on only one unit instead of applying to both units.  He was paying late fees and other charges, but not the next month's.  The total collected was the past due balance, but it applied the extra to future months on the one unit.  Is there a way to transfer a partial amount of the payment?  If we void the ticket, will it remove it from our merchant services as well?  He is out of the country and we cannot call him back to get the card number again.   Please help!

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would void it and then reapply it to both units. Just don't delete it from Sage or whomever you guys use.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done a close yet, void it and reapply payment (manually entering the approval code so Sitelink doesn't run the card again.)

Voiding transaction in Sitelink shouldn't void it in your payment processor side (depending on your processor) so if the amount is the same, simply reuse the auth./approval code when you reapply the payment in Sitelink.

• dbudgen
    dbudgen Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Go to adjustments, Ledger adjustments, find the tenant and the transfer payment to another unit.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Keep in mind that when you transfer a payment, though, you can't split it between units.  It can only be applied to a single unit.

Your best fix is as described above, you delete it and reapply it properly using the authorization code you already have.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've had several conversations regarding that!  why cant we split/allocate a payment across linked units when transferring a payment??  It turns into this convoluted "create charges and admin adjustment" which just seems more complicated then it should be. 
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate the fact that if they have two units and one unit is due and one isn't yet it puts all the money toward the one unit that is due. If they're both due it works just fine. There should be an option for you to put $89 towards one unit and the rest of the payment on another. We have just been telling people who are due on the 17th and the 22nd to just come in after the 22nd before they are late so they don't have to do two separate payments 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Easiest fix, just don't do it? lol... It's one of the things I specifically point out when training someone on the whole "all units" aspect and how to alot payments correctly. If you can't void the receipt if it happened to be a prior day you can also just do credits/re-add of rent charges. I have to fix a few of our other managers mistakes by doing that pretty regularly.
  • teamcapitola
    Options

We have a whole chapter in our training manual on "linked units" that specifically addresses that issue. By far it's the number one thing I get texted about to fix before closing.

While I understand the "set in stone" aspect of a close, Sitelink is the only POS software I have encountered that wont allow you to reallocate charges and such after a close.

• websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    Did the same thing with a tenant that had 3 units, and it applied payments to one unit for 4 months. I caught it a week and half later. Thanks to Site Link, we got it straightened out. Its a very involved process but can be done.
  • AKKathie
    AKKathie Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am going to repeat what @CVSSSTORAGE said just to keep this thread current because we are running into this also.  Now I know it is because SiteLink automatically calculates out say a 3 mos at 1/2 off - so one unit looks due and the other doesn't post due until the 1st.  So if they try to prepay their rent on the 30th say - then it will post all to the unit w/half off unless you "make future charge" on the unit before you take a pmt.

CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    I hate the fact that if they have two units and one unit is due and one isn't yet it puts all the money toward the one unit that is due. If they're both due it works just fine. There should be an option for you to put $89 towards one unit and the rest of the payment on another. We have just been telling people who are due on the 17th and the 22nd to just come in after the 22nd before they are late so they don't have to do two separate payments 
  • davidkaron003
    davidkaron003 Registered User
    Options
    A contactless smart card is a contactless credential whose dimensions are credit-card size. ... There are two broad categories of contactless smart cards.
  • laurarobinson
    laurarobinson Registered User
    Options
    Okay so if you can't void the payment the only way is to call sitelink? So what if you are not the admin and if they may be out of town? What then? Will they still talk to me?
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay so if you can't void the payment the only way is to call sitelink? So what if you are not the admin and if they may be out of town? What then? Will they still talk to me?
    If you have the Corp Code and Location Code, they talk to you.  They don't care what your position is.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads