Security Deposit during transfer.

i43storage
i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
I did not receive an answer from customer support, so I'll ask here.  Sitelink gives the option to increase the security deposit when transferring a tenant; however, I do not see how to decrease the deposit.  I sometimes have a tenant spring cleaning and moving to a smaller unit and it would be nice to give their (sometimes substantial) security deposit difference back as a credit toward rent.  The only option I see is to actually move them out of the old and then into the new but this just adds additional bookkeeping as I am not actually giving them back their deposit and I am not actually receiving money. 

I could move them in to the smaller unit, collect no money, and then move them out of the old one and instead of returning the deposit, transfer that money to the new one as a credit; but it seems like there is a way (or should be a way) to avoid that.  Am I missing something?
Jean Marie
I-43 Storage

Comments

• Tracir33
    Tracir33 Registered User
    What did you end up doing? We are facing the same issue.
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    If it is a longstanding good customer I change the deposit to zero. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually moved them out and left the security deposit there as a credit.  Then I moved them back into the smaller unit and charged the lower security deposit, returning the remaining funds as credit toward rent. 
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • ksenn
    ksenn Registered User
    I was just going to post about this. Yesterday we had a customer that wanted to transfer from a 20.5x49 unit to a 10x10. His security deposit was $300.00 on the larger unit, only $90.00 on the smaller one. We had to move him out of the system, figure out how much rent he had coming back for the rest of February minus the transfer fee. He was prepaying a year, so we had to manually credit the rent to those months and then apply his security deposits to the remaining months. My boss has been using SiteLink since 2000 and has repeatedly asked why this can't be changed. If we can increase it, why can't a feature be added so we can decrease it also?

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads