How can I get data from the API to my website?

I'm creating a website for my facilities. Is there any documentation on how to use webhooks or the api on a website? I need up to date pricing and availability. I dont want to use the template that comes with sitelink. What are my options?

Answers

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Corporate Control Center, you can set up API users and rights, then set up permissions, and then it gives links for "URLs and Other Required Information for Your Web Developer"  under Website and Web Template Setup. You can use just what you need from those links instead of the entire template.
  • AnchorMiniStorageAZ
    AnchorMiniStorageAZ Registered User
    Is there an actual API or is SiteLink referring to the links provided in "Website Development Instructions" as such? Even with web hooks, that doesn't really qualify as API to me 🤨
    Anchor Mini Storage
    Cottonwood, AZ
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AnchorMiniStorageAZ they are referring to what's here:

• AnchorMiniStorageAZ
    AnchorMiniStorageAZ Registered User
    I know where/what that is, but the developer instructions only provides link URLs. Those are not actual API endpoints as far as we can tell.

We want to communicate directly with the server, not just send someone to those pages.

The term API suggests one is available but cannot find any documentation for endpoints, available functions, etc.
    Anchor Mini Storage
    Cottonwood, AZ
  • LorenMc
    LorenMc Registered User
    @AnchorMiniStorageAZ were you ever able to find an answer to this?  I am trying to find the same thing.  Need a true API dev's guide with endpoints, not an abbreviated list of links. Thank you :)
    Old dog. New tricks.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @LorenMc. Thanks for flagging this thread. I'd be happy to provide you and @AnchorMiniStorageAZ with this answer -- it's yes! SiteLink provides an API for building websites and other applications that poll for current unit pricing and other information. Using the API requires both a "Corp User" account with the API rights described earlier in the thread as well as an API key provided by SiteLink.  To initiate the contract process to access our API(s), you'll want to email us at apisupport@sitelink.com. ~Amy C.
  • LorenMc
    LorenMc Registered User
    Awesome!  Thank you, Amy!!  Emailing RIGHT FREAKIN' NOW! (I'm a little excited) :)
    - Loren
    Old dog. New tricks.
  • teesee150
    teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Hi, @LorenMc. Thanks for flagging this thread. I'd be happy to provide you and @AnchorMiniStorageAZ with this answer -- it's yes! SiteLink provides an API for building websites and other applications that poll for current unit pricing and other information. Using the API requires both a "Corp User" account with the API rights described earlier in the thread as well as an API key provided by SiteLink.  To initiate the contract process to access our API(s), you'll want to email us at apisupport@sitelink.com. ~Amy C.
    Is this the service that costs like $2500/month or something crazy? I was trying to build a custom website as well and hit a roadblock by the outrageous fees I was quoted from Sitelink to access the API.
  • LorenMc
    LorenMc Registered User
    Hey, @teesee150 and @AnchorMiniStorageAZ I was able to accomplish most of what I was hoping to by loading in the tenant portal and reserve/rent "smdserver..." links into an iFrame on our site.  This way, it provides continuity, legitimacy, and keeps tenants on our site with improved UX, and was easy-peasy to boot!

The other piece I was wanting to accomplish via API access, is to just pull in updated pricing for a couple select unit types, so every time I adjust prices I won't also have to remember to update those places on our site. I have yet to try, but I believe this can be accomplished via a webhook.  The details for the webhook, as well as settings you will want to change for how the other links load into the iFrame are all found in Corporate Control.  There are some style changes which I have yet to make, as I have found that some of the selectors in Corp. Control are a: inadequate, and b: broken, but overall it works, is usable, and SO MUCH better than sending a potential tenant off-site to a pop-up with a strange-looking url.

You can see how ours works by visiting the "My Account" and the "Reserve & Move-In" links at WestGeorgiaRoadSelfStorage.com (be nice, though - I'm not done styling how the frames display (because I have units to fill, rent to increase, and auctions to schedule, too!!) :)

Good luck with your projects!

- Loren
    Old dog. New tricks.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads