how do i process a refund the same day the tenant moved in

Options
sdgr35
sdgr35 Registered User ✭✭
Tenant just moved in online with cc and autobill setting. They called back and said they no longer wanted it and wants it cancelled. Which way do i credit her card back for the exact amount. I want to catch it before tomorrow. Thanks

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you have the access to do so go into adjustments > ledger adjustments and then delete the receipt for that unit, it will prompt you to refund the card if you use sitelink as your merchant
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This brings up a question regarding online or kiosk rentals...

Once a client signs a lease for a unit with us, its done.

Even if they never move anything into the unit, they are on the hook for the minimum one month rental. I've had this situation happen several times, and we've never refunded. (Now we have kept a credit for somebody, but never refunded). Obviously we make all of this clear ahead of signing, but there's no "cooling off period"

I'm wondering about any legal issues with the online rental process... do clients come into the office and do any actual handwritten/signed paperwork, or is it completely digital?  We have clients handwrite their information and sign (prima facie evidence)

At any point in the kiosk/online rental process does the facility have the final say? in regards to renting the unit?

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When we did online rentals at my last company they would use an autofilled signature and them clicking to accept the terms and all. On rare occasions we would refund but usually not the admin fee.

The one that really pops out to me was we were in Tx, a customer rented online while he was in Colorado as his company was sending him to our area for a job but at the last minute his company changed and sent him to another state. We knew we could of kept everything and he couldn't of done anything about it other than dispute the charge but instead of risking that we told him we can't refund the admin fee or the days he was occupying the unit in our system since it kept other people from renting it. He understood and didn't make a complaint about it. We kept some of the $$, he got some of the $$ and everyone was happy. 

With this company I do have 1-2 sites that for some reason can't seal a deal and will do the full rental *even had one 2 days ago rent, transfer, then change mind* and the managers don't hold firm and isntead tell the customer they will refund it before even reaching out to me regarding it. Fun of being the guy who knows how to do everything so it all goes thru me but not in the control of what should/shouldn't be done.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everything @Orkocean said. I also agree with the refund policy. I have had maybe twice, a new tenant that has changed their minds the same day without moving anything in, so I had corporate issue them a check. They do not get the admin fee back tho

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads