How do I select specific units for a mailing?

I have a construction project going on in one area of my business, and want to send a message to the units adjacent to the construction.  How do I accomplish that? 

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Create the letter in Forms.

Then you go to the first unit on the list from the payment screen and go into Letters.  From that screen you can select all the other units you want to send it to, and the delivery method, then Process.
  • Bradley
    Bradley Registered User
    I appreciate the response.  But the part where "you go to the first unit on the list and go into letters" is not making sense to me.  From the tenants screen? I'm not given the "letters" option from that screen.  And the other letters and mailing section covers collections and is specific to that end.  I guess I'm missing something, but feel this should be a lot more intuitive. 
  • Bradley
    Bradley Registered User
    I had already created the letter in forms. 
  • ACorona
    ACorona Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    You can go into either Payments or Tenants, select a unit that's on your list to notify. Then from there you go into letters and you can then select multiple units to send your notice to. 
    Alyssa Corona
    www.rentess.com
  • Melissa
    Melissa Registered User
    Wouldn't you choose the tenants to send it to in forms as well?
  • Bradley
    Bradley Registered User
    I think my frustration comes from not being able to use the tenant list, organize based on my criteria, and then selecting the accounts.  This functionality is not easily available.  I have another email to send out to all of my autopay customers, and you simply cannot perform this.  Went to tenant list, stack ranked based on card users on file, and then cannot choose to send to them.  That's frustrating.  Maybe there's something else that can be done, but this is simply not adequate for business.  
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    @Bradley From the Operations screen, in accounts section, click on payments, type in the first tenant you want to send said letter to, go into Letters, select the letter you want to send, then at the top right type in the other units you want to send them to one by one and make sure to "check" the boxes of all tenants you want to send it to. Afterwards, select the delivery method you want under Documents on right side of screen, in your case "Email". Then click on Process. That is one way to send multiple tenants the same letters. 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for your other tenants and letters, you can always create an event for those letters, which would trigger only those specific tenants who fall under that criteria to be pulled for letters
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

• AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    You could go to company>forms and select the form you wish to send, select the tenants you want to send them to.  and select email.  I've done it this way since the beginning.  I do always pull up the preview first just to make sure it is what I'm wanting to send. 
  • Bradley
    Bradley Registered User
    edited October 2019
    When I select the form I wish to send and do the preview to verify the form I wish to send, it will only use the collections form.  Not sure of the issue, but there is a problem.  I've attempted this multiple times.  This is a very contrived process, and now it's not working at all.  Very disappointed.  What should be an easy thing to do is very tedious.  I've followed the directions.  
  • Bradley
    Bradley Registered User
    Just don't have all day to flesh out sitelink problems, and new ones arise daily.  This could be so much better.  We've used contact manager software for decades, and this is simply not up to the task.  If this is the #1 software, there had better be something better on the horizon.  I can't see us staying with this going forward.  
  • ESS
    @Bradley Is there any possibility for your company to switch back to the software you were using before? I think if I were that unhappy as you seem to be, I would switch back.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sitelink can have 2 versions of every letter. When a letter is created in the forms setup, you must chose HTML or RTF format. You must then, still in Form Setup, after you save and close the document, ensure the correct format is selected for use. Check the top right, under "selection" to ensure "use standard RTF" or "use HTML" matches the format you just created.

I am not sure that this is the root of your difficulty, @Bradley, but it may be worth checking.
  • Bradley
    Bradley Registered User
    ESS, appreciate the suggestion, and I've thought of it.  Cord was cut already.  A previous manager to me chose this.  I was stuck with the conversion process which is no fun task.  To go back (through conversion again) right now would be painful.  The previous software was OK, but I don't think the previous manager vetted sitelink very well.  Second, If it was easy to use, it wouldn't require this forum to guide people through.  And this forum is huge.  For now, I'll live with the shortcomings of sitelink and try and fake my way through it.  There is so much room for improvement.  The industry is sorely underserved by this.  
  • Bradley
    Bradley Registered User
    thank you themage.  unfortunately, that's not the problem.  
  • ESS
    @Bradley There is another forum that is a bit more active and I find it highly useful. It's here . I also found the courses to be helpful in learning. Thankfully I had my previous manager train me on SL when I started here and she really knew the program, from trial & error, the DEMO program and just playing around with it. My GM handles all of the letters and such so I don't have to deal with that headache. 
  • Bradley
    Bradley Registered User
    ESS, thank you again  :)

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads