Does Anybody do Online Move Ins?

We use Sitelink's online move in portal and our app to have most of our tenants move in as we are 100% paperless. (if we must, we'll use MyHub but it is very clunky on our iPads) 
When I call Sitelink to see if they have features or offer feedback they say nobody does this so there's nothing in development. I find this hard to believe as it's 2019 and smartphones are 80% of used devices.
Just wondering if we are truly the only ones out there doing this. Thanks guys!!

Comments

• JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    What app? 
  • websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Yes, What app? i assumed My Hub was the only other option.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious about an app as well!
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inquiring minds want to know ...
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    We also do online Move ins via our website. The process is integrated so that it registers in sitelink once they complete it online.
  • secondarystorage
    secondarystorage Registered User
    The app isn't a sitelink app, any move ins done on our website are through sitelink but there seem to be many short comings and when I call to suggest or see if they're adding/changing anything they literally say "nobody uses it, so no".
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    The app isn't a sitelink app, any move ins done on our website are through sitelink but there seem to be many short comings and when I call to suggest or see if they're adding/changing anything they literally say "nobody uses it, so no".
    Maybe Sitelink needs to ask themselves why "nobody uses it."  B)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    First and foremost because most of us want to meet a customer before we allow them to rent a unit.  Too many issues can come of allowing anyone to rent online and have access and you don't even know who they are.
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    First and foremost because most of us want to meet a customer before we allow them to rent a unit.  Too many issues can come of allowing anyone to rent online and have access and you don't even know who they are.

I am trying to figure out how to do online move ins for customers I approve!  I don't want it showing on website for everyone.  Open to any suggestions!  I have been scanning paper work and emailing and that is a hassle. 

• i43storage
    @JulieA - I agree.  Right now, if I have a current tenant who wants another one or a previous tenant who is moving back in, the simplest way I have found is to simply move them in and send them the eDocument lease to sign electronically.

@MamaDuke7 - I agree.  However, for small businesses like mine who only rent by appointment and are located out of city limits; like @JuliaA said, there are times when we know (for whatever reason) the tenant is legit and want them to be able to have access to move in on their own.  Improving the logistics and providing more safe-guard enhancements would help make that possible.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • secondarystorage
    @i43storage yeah, they do indeed need to ask that. There are many shortcomings when it comes to using their online move in portal, but it doesn't look like they have anything planned in the future. 
    @MamaDuke7 I 100% understand wanting to meet the customer before they move in, and most times that is the case in one way or another, usually they call and we talk with them and then direct them to the website to move in. 
  • secondarystorage
    Thanks for your feedback everyone! : )
  • AKKathie
    AKKathie Registered User ✭✭✭
    In this age of drug dealers using storage facilities as drop off points I can at least get a copy of a DL and get a paper signature(yes we had undercover cops come and have the guy they arrested open the unit.  He was not the guy who used fake name ID to move in and then handed the keys and code over to the guy in handcuffs) .

Now we have someone renting a unit for a gate code and stealing boats on trailers and vehicles off the facility.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads