Need help understanding what SiteLink did...

Options
The situation is:

1. Tenant had 3 existing units of various sizes and wanted more space.
2. Tenant kept Unit #105 as is.
3. Tenant moved from unit #115 into larger unit 213. Simple transfer via SiteLink from one unit to another. No problem.
4. Tenant then vacated unit #126, two weeks later to utilize new unit #.213. Moved tenant out of unit #126 and selected "apply to another unit" under "Refund".
6. Tenant should end up with unit #105 and unit #213, and all the pro-rated rent/deposits from unit #115 and unit #126 applied to unit #213. 

Problem:
I see where the refund was applied from unit #114, but it appears that the refund from unit #126 never got applied and is just hanging out as a refund due? Is that the case? It doesn't matter, I just want to know how SiteLink handled it (or how I told it to handle it) before I bill the customer and need to answer questions...

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think that when you transfer a tenant, the refund will follow to the new unit, but when you move a tenant out, the refund floats on their account until you apply it to the other unit under adjustments, refunds.
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Do not apply a credit to a Security Deposit.  There is a way to adjust a security deposit but it messes up the Daily Deposit.  I have learned to just credit the deposit to rent. And the customer doesn't have a deposit on that unit.  To apply a refund go to the payment screen. Click the box at bottom left that shows the refund.  You will probably need to create the next months rent. Then complete.  Sorry not well written but hope you can understand! 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads