Batch Email Problems

Options
rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
In trying to send the same letter via email to our tenants (720 of them) we got about 10% sent and 90% failed.  Trying a different computer we got about the same percentages.  SiteLink's opinion is our email server (GMAIL) is cutting off the transmission after a certain number thinking it is a spam email.  Tried smaller batches 50-75 tenants and they all went thru.  Has anyone else had a similar problem?  Thanks.

Comments

• JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I had the same problem but haven't found a solution. My email is Ymail-Yahoo.
  • kdm212
    kdm212 Registered User
    Options
    Had the same issue at our location as well. SiteLink claims its a Gmail issue...
  • ACorona
    ACorona Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    You could check your Gmail settings to make sure there isn't a cap as to how many emails you can send at once. 
    Alyssa Corona
    www.rentess.com
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gmail has a limit to help prevent their platform being used for spam.  We do ours in 50 email batches, and that takes some time with 1200 customers.  However, since we don't do it often, it's not a big deal.  And it avoids any issues with our emails looking like spam.

The only other thing you could try is something like mailchimp where you would export your customer list and import it there.  You can do larger mailings that way.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gmail should take a maximum of 100 at a time from Sitelink or Outlook, so batches of less than 100 are the way to go.
  • alaskanb3arcub
    alaskanb3arcub Registered User
    Options
    The current email provider for the site I pseudo-support imposes a max of 100 emails/account/hour.  I was looking into a hosted exchange solution that would allow for more, but it came with another tier of service.
  • Jamie_Mather
    Jamie_Mather Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
    Options
    Not a computer geek what so ever but have you been black listed?
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep totally know that one! ... we are hosted by GoDaddy which only allows a certain number of emails, or SMTP relays, a day.

The point is to cut down on spam, but without buying more relays (or changing other voodoo IT things) we just have to limit our batch to just 100 or so a day until complete.

• ColoradoStorage
    ColoradoStorage Registered User
    edited February 2020
    Options
    rmason I have the exact same issue and I'm using Gsuite business account -- I'm certain I'm not hitting daily or hourly limits.   I've tried multiple SMTP servers -- Has *anyone* ever sent 500+ emails at the same time (without doing batches of 50-100) successfully....I'm starting to doubt SiteLink can do it, but I'd loved to be proven wrong!!
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rmason I have the exact same issue and I'm using Gsuite business account -- I'm certain I'm not hitting daily our hourly limits.   I've tried multiple SMTP servers -- Has *anyone* ever sent 500+ emails at the same time (without doing batches of 50-100) successfully....I'm starting to doubt SiteLink can do it, but I'd loved to be proven wrong!!
    I've never had an issue sending blast emails at either of our locations. Of the tenant's with emails I'm at about 508 here and around 600+ at our other location; We use Outlook. Not sure about our other 2 locations, I've never been to those stores.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads