Signed Receipts for Card Payments

Options
JulieA
JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
How many keep a copy of a signed receipt for card payments?  I have never needed one!  I usually end up shredding them all at year end. Fortunately only about 50 come to the office and pay with a card each month.  But I could save some paper!  Most of my customers don't even want a copy they just sign the receipt that I keep for whatever reason I keep it!

Comments

• Drew_Scadoo
    Drew_Scadoo Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't bother with saving them if it comes down to it the camera will see them sign or acknowledge them saying they don't want a receipt. 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We keep them and file them with the monthly paperwork. We have a ton of auto pay tenants here and we initial those as well.Then we shred everything after 7 years
  • JulieA
    Options
    ESS said:
    We keep them and file them with the monthly paperwork. We have a ton of auto pay tenants here and we initial those as well.Then we shred everything after 7 years

I quit printing auto pay receipts years ago. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We do not print receipts.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's how my boss wants it done and they are paying for the paper and ink, so...lol
  • JulieA
    Options
    ESS said:
    It's how my boss wants it done and they are paying for the paper and ink, so...lol
    Point out that you can save money!  Ink is outrageous.  And paper is wasted.  And storing more papers!  I am sure they are never used or needed!

• JulieA
    Options
    We don't bother with saving them if it comes down to it the camera will see them sign or acknowledge them saying they don't want a receipt. 

How long do you have access to the video? 
  • ESS
    Options
    JulieA said:
    ESS said:
    Point out that you can save money!  Ink is outrageous.  And paper is wasted.  And storing more papers!  I am sure they are never used or needed!

They are very aware. At one point we stopped printing all receipts except for credit cards, for the signatures. Somehow it got back into printing all receipts. Even though we email our tenant's receipts, most still want a hard copy as well
  • dbudgen
    dbudgen Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We keep staple the signed receipt to the daily close paperwork. We don't print anything unless they come in, otherwise it's all emailed.
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only print a receipt to sign if we have a "walk in" for merchandise.  
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We keep the signed copy, and I have had to use it a few times when we had someone dispute a charge.  It's hard to dispute your signature on the receipt, though, so we have always won the dispute!

At the most, it's 5 or 6 a day, so it's not that much to have printed and filed with the daily close paperwork.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads