Web Edition data usage

Options
Now that I've upgraded to Web Edition, my internet provider keeps notifying me of high usage on my plan. It looks like I'm suddenly using 15GB up in the first week/week and a half of the month!

Is this normal for this software??

Is there a way to shut it down, even with being logged off and no current activity, there are still background operations constantly going on?

Do I need to disconnect the internet every time someone leaves the office, just like turning off the lights?

Comments

• Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you have internet service for business?

• dbudgen
    dbudgen Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Upgrade your internet to unlimited.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems odd if you were logged off and completely exited out of Sitelink that it would continue to do anything until you opened it back up again.  I guess you could turn off your computer ...
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems odd if you were logged off and completely exited out of Sitelink that it would continue to do anything until you opened it back up again.  I guess you could turn off your computer ...
    Yes, if you "X" out of it, it will warn you that it cannot run updates so one would think it couldn't run background data
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you completely shut down Sitelink rather than just logging out, it won't use background data.  

Once shut down, if you open your task manager and look at background processes, it won't be there.
  • JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    So it's my understanding that certain functions are integrated with Sitelink regardless. My gate system for example. It knows when a payment has been made online and will release even before we go and process the ROL.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So it's my understanding that certain functions are integrated with Sitelink regardless. My gate system for example. It knows when a payment has been made online and will release even before we go and process the ROL.
    Yes, I should have specified that the computer with the gate program needs to always have SL open (though it doesn't have to be signed in) so that the gate can be updated with each transaction.  And that is a separate operation from reversing the overlock.
  • MrFugate
    MrFugate Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    When I took over the property I am at now they where running the Web Edition off of a Cell. hot spot, there where 23 phones on the account( for the owners company) with a total 15 gig limit before usage fees per gig.
    Once they showed me the bill, the hot spot was over $400.00 a month for data , now we use Comcast unlimited data with phone & Cable & pay under $150.00 a month. It took me over a year to find a company that was willing to do the install & not charge us $8000.00 for it but finally comcast stepped up. 

You may want to take a few min and call your internet company to see if there's a better option or see if there's someone else that can get you what you need for a comparable cost.  
  • mistore
    mistore Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    MrFugate said:

You may want to take a few min and call your internet company to see if there's a better option or see if there's someone else that can get you what you need for a comparable cost.  
    I will; it just caught me off-guard that this program (for what it's actually doing) eats up that much bandwidth as part of normal operations.

It's not like I'm constantly streaming Netflix or something...   :D

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads