**Insurance**

Options
Im not sure if everywhere is different, but for here it asks about insurance and there is an insurance sign up form paper.
I see on the payment page there is a place for an insurance charge, but I Have no idea on how to add it or if I even can.

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did the higher ups of your location did not go over any training for you at the location? That's something that is different for every company as there are numerous insurance providers and then you also have ones that are "protection plan" providers. You need to know the specifics of what your company offers and know what you can and CAN NOT say regarding the plans. For instance if your company offers a "protection plan" you CAN NOT call it insurance. Also I will assume you are not a licensed insurance agent so all you can really do is go over basic details which your brochure for the plan should go over as you don't want a customer coming back saying you told them Plan A would cover XYZ and it doesn't so you're held liable yada yada..

In my years the only insurance offering company that will actually give some training to staff is Storsmart. They will literally send a rep out to every site they setup and spend time with you going over all the nuances. All others I have dealt with are p.i.t.a.'s and look for any way to NOT pay claims when they happen
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Orkocean  - I was just thinking the same exact thing.  Did no one train you, @stormee:#
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • stormee
    stormee Registered User
    Options
    NOONE!!!!
    I literally am having to learn on my own. I was taught how to take payments, that is all 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow that's not good. There are so many liabilities to owners that can happen by employees doing procedures improperly or saying the wrong things even. Have read about multiple lawsuits from customers recording managers speaking and saying the wrong things.

Where are you located? And are you working for a one off owner or do they have other sites?
  • MrFugate
    MrFugate Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there a check box on your move-in screen for Insurance ?
  • MrFugate
    MrFugate Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options

• AKKathie
    AKKathie Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We started going with the esign at move in for the Storsmart insurance.  I learned the hard way that I had to select in insurance plan first otherwise the esign shows $0 plan.  So I have a paper copy of the options for the new tenant to look at when we get to that section and then they tell me which one and I go in and select it so when I get to the esign for Lease and Insurance it is all populated.
  • JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Orkocean said:
    Wow that's not good. There are so many liabilities to owners that can happen by employees doing procedures improperly or saying the wrong things even. Have read about multiple lawsuits from customers recording managers speaking and saying the wrong things.
    Like he said. This is the most important rule. If it's called a protection plan by the company, always call it that when talking to customers. The first thing you need to do is find out what it covers, how much it is if it's a tiered pricing ($9-$2500, $15-$5000 is ours for example) and what it will specifically cover.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a question in regards to the insurance:
    We don't require our tenants to carry insurance through us or at all, we don't even offer it. We do advise them to go through their homeowner's or renter's insurance. So my question is, if a tenant shows proof of homeowner's or renter's insurance and it covering their items in the unit, do you still make them purchase through you? TIA!
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have an unofficial script for leases and such so we all say the same things. As far as insurance, we have a brochure from one of the insurance places explaining the benefits. We can only tell a tenant what the brochure says.

Like ESS, though, we don't actually require tenants to have insurance. They sign a waiver with their lease that explains their options (Homeowner's, Renter's, other.)
  • Orkocean
    Options
    @ESS so typically a lease has a section stating it's a "requirement of the lease" to have your belongings covered. But that same section usually does not force the customer to purchase insurance via you. It just states they must have some form of coverage, then you offer to sale insurance/protection plans that "meet" the requirement of the lease. 

So a quick shortened version of my spiel is "it's a requirement of the lease to have some form of coverage, *slides the page of options infront of them* the lowest option is $2,000 for $9, $3,000 for $13, $5,000 for $22 and on and on. It's up to you to pick whichever one fits your needs *lays pen down on paper and shuts the $%#^ up*.          IF they question it I reiterate it's a requirement of the lease to have SOME form of coverage. If they ask does their own cover it, i'm not your agent so I would not know. If you'd like you could choose the lowest option for now and that will get you to meet the lease requirements and then give you until your next payment is due to talk with your agent and see if you'd rather use them instead. 99% of the time they will never change to their own. And the reason you shut the #$%! up is if you keep rattling on it comes across as you're not confident in your sale and you're trying to get over on them. If you just go thru the motions like it's an every time occurrence it's an easy sale.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Orkocean Thank you so much for explaining it to me!
  • stormee
    stormee Registered User
    Options
    ok so I reached out to someone high up so I can get the proper training that I am needing! We actually do not offer insurance, it was on there because it is something the company use to offer but no longer does. 
  • JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    If anyone else is wondering, there's some helpful info here

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stormee said:
    ok so I reached out to someone high up so I can get the proper training that I am needing! We actually do not offer insurance, it was on there because it is something the company use to offer but no longer does. 
    Very glad to hear you will be getting trained, @stormee
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads