Abandonment

Options
stormee
stormee Registered User
edited September 2019 in SiteLink General Discussions
OK so I have a lady who has moved out and has let me know that she cant get the rest of her things and that we can do what we want with them. I do have this in writing with the date. (abandoning her things).
So my question is what is my process? Can I auction? If so what are the steps in this predicament? If it is an auction can I still do the paperwork on moving her out? Like can I do the move out process through SiteLink? Does that mess up the auction process?
Any advice on what I should do here?

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as she signed that, you can do whatever you want with it now.  The cleanest is to auction it. 

You can still move her out, then sell the unit as a "manager special" or you can just trash what's left if it isn't worth auctioning.

Once moved out, you'll need to mark the unit unrentable until it's empty.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everything @MamaDuke7 said. If it's a decent unit with some trash, take the trash out and then sale it to get better money brought in. If it's all trash but has anything that a scrapper or resaler could possibly use and you don't want to empty it, take pictures and post on your local FB marketplace/craigslist *free, must take all* and someone will come do the work for you 99% of the time :)
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree, if you have the signed document, sell away.  However, it never hurts to read your state's statutes.  I have learned some states are waaaay more strict than others.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Safest bet is to proceed with an auction, even though it likely wont sell for much (or anything). Its more of a cover your *** activity; all involved know its abandoned, however going through the auction process will keep judges happy if she ever comes back demanding "the $10k ring that was left accidentally in the unit!" 
  • Drew_Scadoo
    Drew_Scadoo Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We just dealt with a situation just like yours and we auctioned the items off with no hold up. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads