Payment for 50% off first 3 cycles

Options
Hi Everyone,
I am new to SiteLink. Our company is running a promotion for 50% off first 3 cycles. Is there a way that I can just take only 1 cycle payment instead of 3 at once, and remain the next 2 cycles 50% off on client's account? I tried to adjust the number of cycles when I move in a new client, but it doesn't allow me to choose any number less than 3.
Tagged:

Comments

• Drew_Scadoo
    Drew_Scadoo Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem with the discount, we changed to first two months 50% off and I CAN NOT STAND how it shows both
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    You could create a discount plan for 50% off to expire after 3 months ... or does that still require you to pay the whole thing upfront?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Drew_Scadoo
    Drew_Scadoo Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    For me It doesn't require to pay at one time, it just shows all 3 at once in the payments screen. I use a calculator to subtract it out which is very annoying
  • Pat
    Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree, very annoying and confusing. We have the same discount and you need to  look to left of screen in little box where it shows date paid to and the correct discount amount due is there.
  • JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a 33% off the first three months. It's very irritating to do it by calculator. Fortunately we don't hand that discount out often
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the discount set up there is a section to check if you want it to prepay or start on the first or second month.  So if you want the 50% off to be October (w/first of month billing), check General starting 1 and do NOT check the prepayment or set to 1.  Apply discount to the amount of months you are offering. 

• Pat
    Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    Our discount is set to General and apply 3 months - payment screen on move in and subsequent months always gives total for the 3 months - again, I just look over to left side box for correct amount due with discount.
  • StephanieAccess
    StephanieAccess Registered User
    Options
    OK. Thanks for all the replies. My solution is take the 3 cycles when move-in, and edit payment and charge to just take the payment of first cycle, leave the other 2 cycles unpaid on account.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Any future discounts will show charges on edit charges. So the system as everyone mentions that they hate WILL show the 3 months worth of discounted rent on the edit charges section. As long as you just go by the "total due" amount that's in the top middle of the payment screen and type that amount into the payment box it will alot the payments to the properncharges without you having to edit and allocate where the payments go.
  • Rio
    Rio Registered User
    Options
    Just curious, but why don't you just have them pay the three months in advance, with the understanding that there are no refunds on discounted rates?
  • Pat
    Options
    For us, some only use for 1-2 months but still get discount; also few can pay the full discounted 3 month at move in - most are looking for the least they can get in with.  Don't offer discount when first thing asked is cheapest and smallest - know they are looking for a place to dump their trash cheap. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads