Sold Auction Units still on auction list

Options
Question...  Why do units that have been sold at auction still show under the Reverse Auction Tab under Select a Task?  They do still show a balance since the auction price did not bring what the tenant owed.

Comments

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Have you moved them out?  If not, I'm guessing Sitelink doesn't know that the auction actually happened; and therefore, you could still reverse it.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as you have moved them out, you can process the reverse auction and the list will clear and they will go away!  However, if you never moved them out after auction, they will show up to be processed for auction again if they have a balance due.

After auction, we always write off the balance as bad debt so that we don't show a bunch of moved out accounts with balances due.  We have so few that we don't worry about collections after auction.
  • MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    After auction, we always write off the balance as bad debt so that we don't show a bunch of moved out accounts with balances due.  We have so few that we don't worry about collections after auction.
    That's gotta be nice; we usually have one or two units to auction each month. We wait 2 years before writing off the bad debts. This gives the tenant the option of paying at the office even after we send them to collections. We rarely are able to collect on the bad debts though.
  • pammerjammer64
    pammerjammer64 Registered User
    Options
    My sold auction units are still on the reverse auction list and they have been moved out.  I now have this months and last months on my reverse auction list.  They have all been moved out.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My sold auction units are still on the reverse auction list and they have been moved out.  I now have this months and last months on my reverse auction list.  They have all been moved out.
    If they're moved out, you can process the reverse auction and they'll go away!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads